RB Jeremy Lewis [Arkansas State Commit]

Mavric

• 4 weeks later...

From Husker Journal:

APRIL 3 2015. ALL TEAMS MESSAGE BOARDS

JEREMY LEWIS, RB, 6-2, 185, LONE GROVE, OKLAHOMA

It all started in 1885, Lone Grove was established in the Chickasaw Nation of the Indian Territory.

Lone Grove had its share of tragedies.

In 1888 a major fire destroyed many of the businesses and homes. Then a tragic murder occurred on June 28, 1970 when an Oklahoma Highway Patrolman was killed by his own gun.

February 2009 an EF-4 tornado violently killed eight people and destroyed 114 mobile homes, and 46 people were injured.

Today, more than 8,000 people live in Lone Grove, which most residents commute to Ardmore for work.

Then comes Jeremy Lewis who was offered a scholarship by the University of Nebraska.

"They like my style of play," Lewis said. "I run hard, catch balls out of the backfield, great vision. I plan on visiting Nebraska this summer with my family. I might commit after my visit, but I would have to talk it over with my family."

Nebraska has had its share of great running backs, Lewis might me the next one.

"I like Nebraska," he says. "They are a good running back school every year. I like the tradition there and academics."

"Coach Reggie Davis (Nebr. RB Coach), called my high school coach last week for me to call him back. I did that and he (Davis) offered me a scholarship. He wants me to visit Nebraska this summer. I like him quite a bit he seems like a good guy." Lewis said

Proud Parents

"Some of my friends know I have an offer my Nebraska. My parents are proud of me that Nebraska offered, very excited."

"I'm considering all the schools that offered (Arkansas State, Tulsa and Nebraska). I hear a little from OU but not much. I hear from Wyoming a lot too."

cornhead.gif

• 3 months later...