Husker Staff Giving Fans Access Through Periscope

So I hadn't even heard of this until a couple days ago but apparently the support staff is going big on Periscope. Basically it's a live streaming service. If you follow Andy Vaughn, Kelly Mosier or Ryan Gunderson on Twitter (there may be others but those are the one's I've seen so far), they will post a link to a stream they are running. They did a tour of the football offices this morning and they've done several streams from practice this afternoon.

Anyone can watch on the web but - as far as I can tell - you have to watch it live so it's hard to catch. There may be more options in the mobile app - as far as I can tell it's only available on Apple devices for now - but I haven't looked into it enough to know for sure.

Anyway, just wanted to give any Twitter-ers a heads-up.

• Fire 1

It's probably their way of letting fans watch practice, without having thousands of fans at the practice fields.

Yeah and by looking at your gif as just an example, the fans would erupt & cheer for Westy's amazing catch. While the coaches would want to address the QBs decision instead (open man underneath VS a forced pass across the field that could have been a turnover). In that sense, the periscope idea is more beneficial to keep crowd cheering out of it.

It's probably their way of letting fans watch practice, without having thousands of fans at the practice fields.

Yeah and by looking at your gif as just an example, the fans would erupt & cheer for Westy's amazing catch. While the coaches would want to address the QBs decision instead (open man underneath VS a forced pass across the field that could have been a turnover). In that sense, the periscope idea is more beneficial to keep crowd cheering out of it.

Hey, the coaches were cheering to. :nanalama