Coach Read /// Nebraska Special Teams

I am not sure why each coach on this staff excites me more than the previous, maybe because they are new? Lol

They say all of the right things and push the right buttons, not just repeated the same few lines for 7 years.

Haha, well, it's kind of repeated lines. There's nothing wrong with that, though, it's just not that different. Some of the guys are great communicators (as Read is). Some of the others are just "I'm a teacher, I'm an expert" and "I want to have relationships". But, it's a good message, and I think it comes from the top. There's a real focus on this from Riley and I do think he'll hold all of his assistants accountable to those expectations.

• Fire 1

Advice to Read:if it ain't broke, don't fix it (punt return)

True. And Foltz has been consistently good punting. I think Read could help with Field Goals (getting points as he says). Coverage and blocking punts can always be worked on. I think Read will do a good job here, and I'm okay with having a dedicated ST coach.