OWH: Chris Brasfield's role at NU

http://www.omaha.com/huskers/huskers-chris-brasfield-rolls-out-the-welcome-mat-to-walk/article_f7a07bc0-5c3b-507d-a252-dfb8301c4453.html

At Oregon State, Brasfield was considered one of Rileys top recruiters. But as a member of NUs support staff, Brasfield cant recruit off campus. So he handles logistics from the office and meets with coaches and players who visit Nebraska. Hell coordinate film, and hell work as a Fellowship of Christian Athletes liaison with the football team. That, Brasfield said, was important to him.

Pretty cool. I'm a fan of Brasfield, who was RBs coach at Oregon State and is now the walk-on coordinator at Nebraska. In that capacity he will play a large role with in-state recruiting, recruiting during visits, work with the FCA, and coordinate Pro Day.

Here's him coaching RBs:

And here's him teaching RBs how to tie bowties:

• Fire 1

He and Wilhite will be big for OVs.

Brasfield seems very legit. Does anybody have any insight as to why Wilhite is so awesome?

I know Sharp and Benning at 1620 are big fans of his, but I know absolutely nothing about the guy.

KW is very important due to his ability to relate with kids, particularly minorities, and is very good at selling Nebraska due to his excitable mindset for the school.