Time sure does fly when you coach your sons

I am now going on my 14th year of coaching youth football and where the hell has the time gone?? My youngest son has two more years before he moves on to high school football. I am very thankful to have already coached two of my boys along with many other kids through out the years. The most rewarding thing is not winning championships, going undefeated or beating other teams, it's the things like standing in a store and having one of your former kids (players) come up to you and introduce you to his wife and kids. Knowing that you had a positive impact in their lives on more than one occasion.

It has been a fun ride and I don't have any plans on slowing down now!

• Fire 3

I am right there with you just not as many years. Started coaching my 2 boys in Tball ( 6 yrs old ) and this season is my youngest last in little league baseball. They are 12 and 13 yrs old now. I just started coaching youth football 3 years ago. I love it when past kids come up and still call me coach. Its pretty good feeling knowing that you had an influence in their life.

• Fire 1

It's amazing. I took time to coach all three of my kids. Oldest is freshman in college and youngest is freshman in high school.

I'm done coaching other than spending time with my son alone on the basketball court trying to make him better.

Some of the best memories of my kids.

Cherish it all you can.