Preseason 2016 NFL Draft Prospects.

A few observations from the discussion:

I think everyone can agree that Cross is a north and south type of back, clearly not suited for the stretch zone/ outside zone play that Beck ran excessively.

Does anyone really think that Cross wouldn't be a 1000+ yard rusher and starter at Iowa? Of course he would.

An NFL scout's job is to evaluate talent, not necessarily how a college coach failed to utilize the players talents. Still, I agree, if Cross doesn't see some signigicant carries, it is very possible he will be overlooked in the draft. Still, teachercd, let's say Cross does get 20+ carries a game, (which seems doubtful considering the depth at the position and the talk surrounding Newby as a starter) it still won't matter the number of carries he gets but moreso the type of carries and what Cross makes of them.

If Cross can get 5-10 carries on a regular basis, and those carries aren't in the stretch zone around the outside, but more traps, isolations and maybe some inside zone type of stuff, then Cross has shown he's strong in those types of runs.

I also can't see the logic in saying that Cross wouldn't capitalize on more carries. If he broke off big runs with only 3-5 carries, then logic says he'd more likely than not get a couple more of those runs with 5-10 carries. Not vice-versa.

It's really gonna depend on how this season goes, but like I said, a guys senior year is the LAST year you want to write a guy off. This is when they should be at their best.

Has Cross made it clear that he has NFL dreams? Just curious because it would kind of be hilarious if all this talk we've had about Cross to the league was really not what he had in mind anyway.

It's really gonna depend on how this season goes, but like I said, a guys senior year is the LAST year you want to write a guy off. This is when they should be at their best.

With this kids work ethic, I think he is going to leave it all on the field this year. Whether he wants to play at the next level or not, he will want his name remembered here, in some sort of way. All I know, I will be cheering on this kid harder than I have in the previous years. If anyone remembers, I was really harsh on him last year, and actually stated he was going to be 4th, behind Taylor. Got trashed for it too, but who knows if he would have been had Taylor never broken his ankle. We have a tremendous amount of talented depth at that position. I think him being a Senior, and having experience, while being our best pass protection back there, he will see the field more than he had with Bozo and Company.

I also can't see the logic in saying that Cross wouldn't capitalize on more carries. If he broke off big runs with only 3-5 carries, then logic says he'd more likely than not get a couple more of those runs with 5-10 carries. Not vice-versa.

The more precise way to say this is he broke off one (or maybe a couple) long runs per season on 75-85 carries. And no, I don't think it necessarily translates to him doing more of the same given more carries. That long run against Michigan State was one of the most fluky runs you'll ever see - right up the middle against a very good defense. There was nothing special Cross did to make that play - literally any RB on our roster would have scored on that play.

Big plays are most often created by the skill of the players involved. They aren't random occurrences that will simply show up given more opportunity.

There was nothing special Cross did to make that play - literally any RB on our roster would have scored on that play.

Big plays are most often created by the skill of the players involved. They aren't random occurrences that will simply show up given more opportunity.

Are you purposefully ignoring "most often"?

No, I see it.

Big plays are "most often" created by the skill of the players involved. Unless Imani Cross is the player involved.

I've heard ya loud and clear.

I think the discussion is over from your end isn't it. I mean, the only thing more you could really say is what the hell Imani ever did to you?

(insert sarcasm here, I really don't care)

Are you purposefully ignoring "most often"?

No, I see it.

Big plays are "most often" created by the skill of the players involved. Unless Imani Cross is the player involved.

I've heard ya loud and clear.

I think the discussion is over from your end isn't it. I mean, the only thing more you could really say is what the hell Imani ever did to you?

(insert sarcasm here, I really don't care)

No, not unless Imani is involved. I would have said the same thing about that particular run if it was Ameer.

But since you disagree please explain what Imani did on that run that was special and "made" the play happen. Perhaps I'm missing something.

Man...the more I look into it, Imani has some really great highlight runs.

He should've gotten the ball more often.

Since you're going to play that game, please go scour the Internet for Ameer highlights and answer me this, how many would Imani have gotten on that? Precise answers please

Ameer Abdullah is the man. Probably one of the better Husker backs I've watched.

Praising Imani in no way diminishes Ameer, I like them both. Ameer is easily the better back. Ameer was a second round pick. I think Cross may have a shot at getting drafted if he can get some opportunities this year.

I thought it was a fun game because truly there is no way of knowing how one would do compared to the other on any given play. Sometimes it's not only about what a RB does, but what he doesn't do. Where some backs may stutter step or hesitate on a play, Imani hits the hole quickly and hard (out of context quotes). Those plays where he is running with a purpose, breaking tackles, and shedding contact, it's pretty impressive.

Ameer was great at those things as well. In no way was it intended to be an Abdullah v. Cross argument. I didn't mean to give that impression if I did.