Preseason 2016 NFL Draft Prospects.

Cross, in an offense predicated on what Riley likes (per interviews) would excel. IMO, Cross in Bama's O, or Stanford would excel. He is not slashing, quick cut, outside guy. Never has been and never will be. 3 years of Beck's square hole meet round peg offense has shown this. Cross did well despite playing in this O. If given a opportunity to run down hill and get 10-15 carries per game, IMO people will be pleasantly surprised. Beck and Bo never seemed to understand the concept of using a bigger back to wear down the D. especially when we had them on the ropes or late in the 2nd half.

Riley, again at least in interviews and on paper, seems to know a lot more about football than the previous staff. I am looking forward to seeing how he is used and if successful. Off tackle and on counter plays he can be a beast. A new running back coach who can help him to square up and run behind his pads.......... Cross could be the engine that makes this train run this year. Then throw in Newby/Taylor for another 10-15 runs apiece and really bring a change of pace.... (maybe high on the runs, but allow each to carry about 1/3 of the total).

• Fire 1

Cross, in an offense predicated on what Riley likes (per interviews) would excel. IMO, Cross in Bama's O, or Stanford would excel. He is not slashing, quick cut, outside guy. Never has been and never will be. 3 years of Beck's square hole meet round peg offense has shown this. Cross did well despite playing in this O. If given a opportunity to run down hill and get 10-15 carries per game, IMO people will be pleasantly surprised. Beck and Bo never seemed to understand the concept of using a bigger back to wear down the D. especially when we had them on the ropes or late in the 2nd half.

I would bet that Ameer makes all of the same long runs that Imani made. But I'm not sure Newby does. And I'd bet money Mark Weisman doesn't.

And I'm not convinced Ameer makes the two yard TD run in one of the above videos.

Mark Weisman, with his 4.3 YPC average signed with the Bengals. I think Cross with his 5+ YPC gets his chance at the next level, drafted or not.

He's faster and bigger than Weisman, and like lo country sez. he did well playing in an offense that wasn't even tailored to his strengths.

But that is just my opinion. For the most part, the Cross supporters state their beliefs in his merits as opinions, while the Cross detractors tend to

acclaim their negative opinions as more enlightened truth.

No matter what the topic, the negative nellies tend to rely on proof by assertion. Asserting their opinions as facts.

I am an unabashed Imani Cross fan who hopes he plays a significant role in the offense in his senior year.

He is the kind of player I would want on my team. But whether Riley uses him or not, Nebraska is loaded at RB. Go Big Red.

• Fire 1

Just for reference, the last back drafted in the NFL in 2015 was Kenny Hilliard of LSU. Hilliard had 90 carries, 447 yards, a 5.0 YPC avg. and six TD's in 2014.

Cross had 72 carries, 397 yards, 5.1 YPC and five TD's in 2014.

Personally, I'll admit that I don't know much (or have paid close attention) to either of these back's pass protection abilities. You've got to be able to pass-pro in the NFL, though, and that'll impact any back's draft status. I can't speak to Hilliard's ability or Cross' right now.

But, at least from a pure rushing standpoint, Cross could be drafted if he has a decent season. But, my gut tells me he probably won't get drafted at least as of right now.

• Fire 1