Preseason 2016 NFL Draft Prospects.

I'm for what ever makes sense to me. I think Imani has a role on the team at least as a short yardage back, but I am not convince he isn't a major every down contributor depending on what type of offense Riley fields. I like pound the ball football. Perhaps Taylor or Wilborn will be the second coming. But Imani has been more impressive to me than Newby, based on the games I have been able to watch.

It is true, particularly in Imani's freshman year, that his yardage was against weaker competition. But against the toughest competition, ALL OF NEBRASKA'S LOSSES, he averaged 7.2 yards per carry. Running with the first team offense, he has done very well. It makes sense to me that he should have been getting more carries against the touch competition.

At the beginning of last year, people were worried that Imani's goal line carries would negatively affect Ameer's Heismann campaign. The truth is, Ameer's Heismann campaign negatively affected Imani's goal line touches. This was to the detriment of the team. Ameer got banged up running short and goal, and the whole board preached the mantra of "give it to the better back." First and ten at the twenty, the better back was Ameer. I buy that. But third and goal at the one, Imani seemed like the better back to me.

So many people on this board write Imani off as not relevant, stating facts about his inability to make lateral cuts, etc, etc. What I saw was him moving the chains. the few times he was given the opportunity against the big boys. But the board seems to only remember the lateral run for a safety.

• Fire 1

Take away Ameer's and Newby's long runs, and see how that affects their averages. Nebraska's toughest opponents are the games in which Nebraska LOST. For his career, Imani is over seven yards a carry in those games. Purdue stacked the house to stop the run last year. Ameer left the game injured with 6 carries for one yard. Imani got 66 yards and two TDs in the game. It is amusing to note that people can Dog Imani for being too slow, and then turn around and say his high YPC is solely due to long runs. Properly used, Imani is a force. Under Bo he was not properly used. We'll see what Riley does with him.

Ameer could have made all of Imani's long runs. Imami could not have made all of Ameer's long runs.

Take away Ameer's and Newby's long runs, and see how that affects their averages. Nebraska's toughest opponents are the games in which Nebraska LOST. For his career, Imani is over seven yards a carry in those games. Purdue stacked the house to stop the run last year. Ameer left the game injured with 6 carries for one yard. Imani got 66 yards and two TDs in the game. It is amusing to note that people can Dog Imani for being too slow, and then turn around and say his high YPC is solely due to long runs. Properly used, Imani is a force. Under Bo he was not properly used. We'll see what Riley does with him.

Ameer could have made all of Imani's long runs. Imami could not have made all of Ameer's long runs.

I agree with that. But why take away Imani's long runs before comparing him to Newby? I believe Imani has made some short runs, that Ameer and newby might not have made.

Be honest...how many of you think that all 22 starters for NU should/will be drafted?

Can we start a poll?

Do we need a separate poll for third-string RBs?

Obviously! I think it is a pretty safe bet that picks 1-4 will look like this next April

1. Cross

2. Newby

3. Taylor

4. Wilbon

You're going to pull a YPC stat? We will agree to disagree. Unless he gets significant playing time this year, and I'm talking splitting the carries, he's not getting drafted. It's not too great of an accomplishment to average 5 yards when you get maybe 5 to 10 a game.

This is where I believe you are wrong. Here is the first picked FB in the draft, Jalston Fowler (which is what Cross will most likely enter the draft at).

Fowler- 12att, 69 yards, 5.75 A/yards, 0 TD.

Do you know where this kid went? 4th Round, #9 pick, 108th overall.

Cross- 75att, 384 yards, 5.12 A/yards, 5TD

To say he needs a substantial amount of carries to be drafted, is asinine, and just proven to be wrong. All he needs to show, is he can contribute and be a wreck in the next level. Here at Nebraska, and across the nation for those who pay attention, he has shown to be a player than can get those hard to grind yards.

• Fire 2

I always thought it was odd that Cross never transitioned to play FB. He's built for it but playing lead blocker is kind of a thankless job.

Yea, but who the hell wants to play FB in Tim Becks offense? Beck doesn't even know that a TE can be used as an eligible receiver, let alone understand the uses of a FB in an offense.

I always thought it was odd that Cross never transitioned to play FB. He's built for it but playing lead blocker is kind of a thankless job.

Biggest reason, how often did you see Janovich out there? Lol, we weren't built to really have a FB in our system. Its Beck's goofball system that didn't work against good teams lol.

You're going to pull a YPC stat? We will agree to disagree. Unless he gets significant playing time this year, and I'm talking splitting the carries, he's not getting drafted. It's not too great of an accomplishment to average 5 yards when you get maybe 5 to 10 a game.

This is where I believe you are wrong. Here is the first picked FB in the draft, Jalston Fowler (which is what Cross will most likely enter the draft at).

To say he needs a substantial amount of carries to be drafted, is asinine, and just proven to be wrong. All he needs to show, is he can contribute and be a wreck in the next level. Here at Nebraska, and across the nation for those who pay attention, he has shown to be a player than can get those hard to grind yards.

I find that comparison useless unless Cross switches to FB for his SR year here. You have no evidence or film what so ever to suggest Cross is an NFL Draft level FB, let alone the best FB in the draft.

I find that comparison useless unless Cross switches to FB for his SR year here. You have no evidence or film what so ever to suggest Cross is an NFL Draft level FB, let alone the best FB in the draft.
That came off harsher toward you then I planned also, just meant it for convo..nothing personal.

That came off harsher toward you then I planned also, just meant it for convo..nothing personal.

I don't take anything personal man, its the intraweb lol. Anyway, I think there is plenty of film on him with pass protection, and even protection when we had 2 RB in the backfield, as well as him being a bruiser. Its there, and these are the films that they see, as well as his flaws. I still believe he needs to work on his field vision, but outside of that, he is pretty solid and can contribute. Drop 15lbs and become a faster RB, or stay the same weight, possibly gain a few (145ish) and become that bruiser in the backfield and help in pass protection.