Top 3 TD's in Husker History

These have to be the Top 3, right?

1. Game of the Century Johnny Rodgers

2. The Miracle of Matt Davison

3. Touchdown, Tommie Frazhaaaaaa!

I'm sure Frazier had better runs and Davison had better catches, but in terms of legend status, nothing quite has the staying power of these three, do they? Stuntz to Crouch is pretty close. But this list stops at 3.

The Jet - only Lyle could paint words to how beautiful that return was. It was art in motion.

Schlesinger 2a/2b - Got the monkey off TOs back and the beginning of one of the greatest dynasties.

Flea Kicker - saved a season and national title in such dramatic fashion it ushered a fanbase BACK to their seats in disbelief.

Honorable Mention-

Touchdown Tommy Frazieh - would have it ahead of flea kicker but without that miracle this one doesn't happen. But I mean really, how many tackles CAN one man break?

Stuntz to Crouch - A win against top ranked OU meant so much it boosted/solidified his heisman worthiness - epic play in an iconic moment - and BCS title chance despite CU roasting.

I think knapp's list is spot on as far as "most impactful" touchdowns in our programs history.

As far as most iconic, it would have to be Tommie against Florida, Davison's catch, and either Rodgers or Black 41 Flash Reverse.

One of my all time favorites was Crouch's 95 yard run against Missouri. Especially from that endzone camera, he just keeps cutting against the grain over and over again and it just looks unreal. I love the call by that one announcer team too - "Ohh man Crouch escapes!" "Wowww." "Oh no look at this." "Wow!" "Jeez!" "Amazing!" "That may be one of the most unreal runs I have ever seen."

For me, it's something like this:

3. Frazier's 75-yard Fiesta Bowl run - Yeah, it didn't have any real impact on the game, but still... how many other times, at any level of football, has a guy broken that many tackles? As a few other people mentioned, it's symbolic of the entire game against Florida - we just beat them down like a rented mule all game.

2. The Flea Kicker - That play kept us in the running for the share of the National Championship (we shouldn't have had to share it as far as I'm concerned, but that's another story), and it was a huge part of being able to send coach Osborne out as a three-time champion. If a play has its own Wikipedia entry, it has to be something special.

1. Schlesinger's 2nd TD run vs. Miami - His first TD run was huge, but we still needed a 2 point conversion to tie the game. After that second Schlesinger TD, it just felt like the last 2+ minutes of that game went away and it was all over. That was the moment when I, at 9 years old, realized what it really meant to be a Husker fan. Both for ending so many years of frustration for Tom Osborne and all the fans, and for nostalgic purposes, that has to be my #1 choice.