Neutral Sites

KCTown

What are your thoughts on playing games at neutral sites? Sure, OU and Texas have that history of playing the Red River Shootout in Dallas each year, but is it fair to the other Big XII schools to still have the neutral site game? In every other year, OU and UT could have if they wanted to, only three true road games. While the rest of the league has to go a minimum of four away games. Fair, or not?

When the Huskers came to Kansas City and played OSU at Arrowhead, it truly was a exciting day to watch football in the Metro-KC area. It got amazing attention all week long here in KC, and brought the usual Husker Nation here in masses. Would that be a good idea to do it again here at Arrowhead?

I do not keep up with the upgrades going on there in Lincoln much. Are they pretty impressive? With that fanbase and history, they should be. Just don't screw with that stadium much. It is truly one of the top 10 stadiums in college football.

they added seats to the north stadium, built a whole new athletic complex, and are putting in a 40 foot screen(could be wrong, i think its 40 feet,). when all said and done it will seat over 80,000 fanatics...

Honestly we are having problems with upgrades and the finances to do it are not rolling in like expected.

The coaching change turned a lot of boosters sour and made alot very happy.

Our AD is not the most popular guy in the world. But he did what had to be done. And he is totally on the side of the football program, which is a major improvement over what we had.

With the new additions I would guess our facilities will be around 2nd or 3rd in the conference. I doubt we will ever compare to Texas, just too much money down there. Texas Tech seems to have an unending supply of money also. With Oklahoma State getting all the money, look for their facilities to compare with the top 4 very soon.

We just need to win against the big boys. We do that the money will start to roll very quickly I think.

Memorial stadium is a landmark in Nebraska, but there are to many restricted views in my opinion. My ideal stadium would be that any fan would be able to see the entire field from any seat in the stadium. Now the only way to get 85000 fans to see the entire field is to build a new stadium and we know that is not going to happen.

I dont think so.... the current expansion only raises the level of north stadium slightly. It still isnt near the height of the nosebleed section over in south stadium. I think that they could easily add either another teir onto east stadium or just extend some more seats that way and build another facade over their in the future and still have great visibility for all of the seats in the house.