winners and losers from conf realignment

Also, I don't see anywhere, where they say that the SEC is almighty. They are simply saying that they are the winning conference for their additives. Not only did they win from it in TV deals, Mizzou and TAMU won by all the revenue they brought in. MUCH more than what they were making in the Big 12, while producing a Heisman winner. That conference, and those two teams have done a lot more since their move, than we have the whole time we have been here. Sorry to be blunt about it, but it is what it is. Our move was good, as theirs were too. We just haven't done squat, as they have, even in an "overrated" conference.

• Fire 2

Also, I don't see anywhere, where they say that the SEC is almighty. They are simply saying that they are the winning conference for their additives. Not only did they win from it in TV deals, Mizzou and TAMU won by all the revenue they brought in. MUCH more than what they were making in the Big 12, while producing a Heisman winner. That conference, and those two teams have done a lot more since their move, than we have the whole time we have been here. Sorry to be blunt about it, but it is what it is. Our move was good, as theirs were too. We just haven't done squat, as they have, even in an "overrated" conference.

You're not wrong. Well said.

Bloomington is short flight or 7 hour drive- haven't been since the 90s game in old stadium, Had great time.

So from a fans perspective- traveling, benefits to both

What suits you best

Went there for a couple Ohio State games. Bloomington is nice and spending Friday in nearby Nashville (Brown Co. State Park) in the fall is great. Nashville Indiana is a quaint little town with craft shops, decent restaurants and B&Bs if that's your thing. Don't make the mistake of driving in on game day from Indianapolis. two lane road and the traffic was absolutely awful. The local police probably just wanted to piss off all the ohio state fans traveling to the game. We got there end of 2nd qtr.

The stadium is ho hum and is pretty much a home game for Ohio State.

ISU always sucked. Jack Trice is like sitting in a wind tunnel.

JT is being remodeled, will be the 3rd biggest in conference

16.jpg

Every time I see Jack Trice it makes me hungry for Hunan chicken. It must be their red-gold Chinese restaurant colors. :lol:

55c7c1ad43e4ead96325722006d316dc.jpg250px-Jack_Trice_Stadium.jpg

Bloomington is short flight or 7 hour drive- haven't been since the 90s game in old stadium, Had great time.

What suits you best

Went there for a couple Ohio State games. Bloomington is nice and spending Friday in nearby Nashville (Brown Co. State Park) in the fall is great. Nashville Indiana is a quaint little town with craft shops, decent restaurants and B&Bs if that's your thing. Don't make the mistake of driving in on game day from Indianapolis. two lane road and the traffic was absolutely awful. The local police probably just wanted to piss off all the ohio state fans traveling to the game. We got there end of 2nd qtr.

The stadium is ho hum and is pretty much a home game for Ohio State.

The Minnesota game I went to was in the old Dome

They served beer and the steps were REALLY steep, but all seats had backs and cup holders

Felt like you were going to fall over onto the field, that was before the first beer

Thought it was fine- havent been to new stadium

Minneapolis is great town

K-State is a simple and fun short road trip- always good

Iowa State was always cold and nasty, traffic sucked- but close

KU- meh

Oklahoma was fun- Lindsey Ave OU is iconic and OKC has really improved

Texas A&M is great- The Yell practice and College Station is fantastic experience. Not great flights and 13 hours if you drive it

Never been to TCU but love Ft Worth- Cow City rodeo etc

So compare that with Northwestern- the train, Chicago is a blast, great flights and hotels

Rutgers will be fun- did 2 Kickoff Classics in NJ - NYC is great trip, LOTS of NU fans there. Been to New Brunswick worked there one weekend- close to NYC- good spot

Iowa City is beautiful in the fall- the Airliner and Amanas great food, fans not so great

Big House- 1 hour or so from Detroit airport, easy travel, direct flight, right down interstate nice expensive college town with a really cool and PACKED bar/restaurant area. Was good, not great, fans were fine.

No others

What suits you best

That is true- every time we went but once- same story

First time I went 1979- bought our tickets at rest stop on the way from starting WB Kenny Browns wife

JT is being remodeled, will be the 3rd biggest in conference

16.jpg

Please don't remind me, I have had to do some work up there, and it made me nauseous. I am hoping I don't go back. Every day I was hoping my truck wouldn't be vandalized in their student lot with a HUGE Huskers decal on the back window LOL.