matt herian

He and his girlfriend come out bowling on Sundays. I bartend on Sundays, so I've seen them for the last two or three Sundays in a row now. He seems to be doing fine to me, at least I would think so if he's bowling and such.

Cool! :)

heh well i think he will play but not up to form like the herian of old. i hope im wrong and comes back just as great as he was when he went down..

I agree. It's tough enough to be away from the game for almost two years - to compound it with returning from such a devestating injury...well, the odds aren't good that he'll come back anywhere close to the same form as when he left.

However (you knew there had to be one, right?), I think his skills won't be so erroded - he'll still have a significant impact. Just not the level he would have had absent the injury and time off.

And I'm praying I'm wrong - I'd love to see him tear it up. I'm definitely pulling for him.

I have had athletes come back stronger and more dedicated after this type of injury. I think Matt is the type of athlete to do that. Still wanting to play after basically a year and half of rehab says alot.

Most never develop the nerve to push hard on the injury. Some come back and are able to compete but never take the chances that are required to be the best at what they do.

Either way Matt has given a tremendous amount to this program, showing the dedication to make the steps to return. I admire his effort and pray he returns to the field of play like he wants to.

• 2 weeks later...

i just don't like the sounds of this whole comeback plan....don't get me wrong, i wish him the best, but things don't look like they are progressing too well here....

i wonder if the hamstring is on the same leg as was broken? if so, his body may be trying to tell him the pressure is too much to return to the stress he had taken before the injury...although not directly related to the break, it makes me wonder

hunter