What a beautiful site

That is a hell of a photo.

Man, we got it made up here in Nebraska. Great kids on the team. Great stadium, great practice field. Great coach. A hell of a gorgeous night to be out on the field. Doesn't get a hell of a lot better than to be suited up in that Husker Jersey right now. A hell of an opportunity. I hope these guys take advantage of it.

And to think.....there was a guy that found a way to complain about all this.

• Fire 2

No offense to Bo, like he tried his best, my serious intentions were that his best interests were at hearts, but I like Riley more, we could win 7 or 8 games, and I'd be excited about the future. But like I have Davie, Darlington, and Rose in my last class before I graduate, these kids need time during the day to worry about school first, and football second. Night practice is great. Even if/when we go two a days with early morning and late at night, at least allows them to do school work, eat, nap and then get excited for practice; something BO should have thought of.

I like his positivity, whether it's cheesy or not. He somewhat reminds me of Pete Carroll and how they are both upbeat and looking to stay positive. They can recognize and acknowkedge the setbacks, but they both take it in stride and turn those situations into something positive. They don't have to be guarded or hide anything.

I think it helps relax the players and gets them loose to play free and naturally have fun. He's the same person on the field as he is off the field, that consistency is refreshing.

• Fire 1

I just love Mike Riley. I love how positive and upbeat he is. I love how no matter what he's doing, he seems to enjoy it. I love how no matter who he's talking to or about, it's clear he cares. I love the way he interacts with the players, other coaches, staff, media, etc. I love how excited he and the other coaches are to be here and how that seems to rub off on the players. He just f'n gets it. Football is a game, not brain surgery, so don't make it too complicated. Football is a sport, not life, so keep it fun. These kids are college students, not professionals, so make it a positive experience. The fans are there to support you and root for you, so don't make them enemies. The media is there to report on things that interest people and will sell papers, not to harass you, so don't make them enemies either.

Given all of that, I think I would love having him as our head coach regardless. But having him immediately after the dark specter that was our former head coach who shall not be named, it's incredibly refreshing. I don't care if we win 9 games this season. Hell, I barely care if we win 3. They don't even have to keep score and I might not give a crap. It's enough that we finally have our team back. OUR TEAM. We're all united in this thing...all pulling in the same direction and fighting for the same things. These are our values.

5412505628_74d3b41c0b_b.jpg

Bhk26I_CMAAnQgV.jpg

They say that a change in culture only comes about when a leader and a team truly believe in what they purport to believe and live those beliefs through their actions. I believe that Riley and this staff genuinely believe in the same values that Nebraska fans do. The culture has changed. Football is fun again. We have a program we can be proud of again. And I can't wait for the season to start.

GO BIG RED!