Kirby Puckett dies at age 44

How very sad. Condolences to his family & friends.

Not to judge anyone, but I saw several quotes saying "we were really worried about him - and knew he was getting bad" - and I cant help but wonder how many of them actually made an active attempt to help their good friend. I know its much easier said than done, but its a harsh example about why people should do everything in their power to help someone they care about when they notice them doing something hazardous to their health - b/c often it's much harder for the person themselves to recognize.

Big respect to Kirby Puckett.

Not to judge anyone, but I saw several quotes saying "we were really worried about him - and knew he was getting bad" - and I cant help but wonder how many of them actually made an active attempt to help their good friend. I know its much easier said than done, but its a harsh example about why people should do everything in their power to help someone they care about when they notice them doing something hazardous to their health - b/c often it's much harder for the person themselves to recognize.

Big respect to Kirby Puckett.

i hear ya.. but its a brave new world when you are the one that has to worry about things in this nature. it should'nt take a friend or a family member to make sure you take care of YOUR OWN HEALTH. of course it is sad but damnit if people made an ACTUAL EFFORT to take care of themselves you could live a much happier(and LONGER)life....

I hate to be THAT GUY but if I have to be so be it.

R.I.P Kirby! I will never forget the games I watched at the Dome...."and we'll see you tomorrow night" has to be one of the most remembered sayings by an announcer.

I was by the Dome today and there is a nice memorial set up for him. He meant a lot to us Minnesotans bringing two Championships here. You will be missed!!!!