What's Most Important From Armstrong?

Mavric

I don't know what to say to you anymore teachercd. I can't reason with logic like that. Apparently you've seen the future and I thank you for letting me know how it's all gonna go. I feel much better now knowing

I'm sure all Husker fans are happy to hear the offensive line is way better, Tommy is checking down to backs (contrary to a recent practice report even), Langsdorf is calling better plays, the huddle has ensured Wr's and Qb are on the same page, and we have a better defense to create turnovers and help the offense out!

Silly me, I was gonna wait and see a game or 10 before I believed all those things were fixed. Thank goodness you've assured me of it before we've even taken a snap!

The OL is way better with a better coach

Tight Ends...that will be nice this year!

Check downs to backs

Better play calling

A huddle that with WR's and QB's on the same page each play.

Better defense that will/should create more turnovers and help the offense out.

You are welcome!

I hope you don't blame me if I go ahead and watch the season and see how all this plays out anyway. You are amazing though!

KB - gone

AA - gone

DPE - gone 6-8 weeks

JW - 13 games played 44 receptions last year

JT - 2 games played- 4 receptions last year

BR - 7 games played - 6 receptions last year

AM - 11 games played - 10 receptions

TA - 12 games played - 8 receptions

LH - 12 games played - 5 receptions

CC - 9 games played - 6 receptions

SC - 13 games played - 3 receptions

Here I am making excuses for Tommy before the season even starts. That's what some will say. Facts are facts. If Tommy overcomes the odds to be successful this season, it will be a credit to him and to this coaching staff, and these inexperienced WR's, because right now the deck is stacked against these guys.

The deck is not stacked against these guys. Every team loses major contributors every year. We had a good team last year (not great and not to the level we strive for, but good). I see no reason why we won't have a good team this year with the chance of improvement on that. It's not like the guys you listed have never played football before. They are here because they are very good athletes and are good at what they do.

• Fire 3

There is no earthly way that losing AA, KB, and now DPE isn't a major blow to an offense thin on receivers and transitioning in the passing game. To argue that "Well, some fans wanted Kenny gone" is an unbelievable reach.

I don't know what we have left in the return game, but we should remember that losing DPE's contributions likely does not mean that average punt return goes to 0. And it's possible that somebody could step up equivalently, but that's unlikely.

As a receiver or in jet sweeps, we know he was poised to figure heavily into their plans this year. So that's a blow, too, but he hasn't established himself as firmly yet. We do have other players there, but it's undeniable that he was going to be a significant part of the offense. And that depth at a position that graduated Kenny, lost several players to dismissal, and lost a true freshman to injury is now a shaky situation.

(I wouldn't call that 7-10 points, though. An average of 7-10 points a game is a vast gulf of difference.)

I don't know what to say to you anymore teachercd. I can't reason with logic like that. Apparently you've seen the future and I thank you for letting me know how it's all gonna go. I feel much better now knowing

I'm sure all Husker fans are happy to hear the offensive line is way better, Tommy is checking down to backs (contrary to a recent practice report even), Langsdorf is calling better plays, the huddle has ensured Wr's and Qb are on the same page, and we have a better defense to create turnovers and help the offense out!

Silly me, I was gonna wait and see a game or 10 before I believed all those things were fixed. Thank goodness you've assured me of it before we've even taken a snap!

The OL is way better with a better coach

Tight Ends...that will be nice this year!

Check downs to backs

Better play calling

A huddle that with WR's and QB's on the same page each play.

Better defense that will/should create more turnovers and help the offense out.

You are welcome!

I hope you don't blame me if I go ahead and watch the season and see how all this plays out anyway. You are amazing though!

Heck no! I don't blame you. I just don't want you to be shocked when they do really well!

There is no earthly way that losing AA, KB, and now DPE isn't a major blow to an offense thin on receivers and transitioning in the passing game. To argue that "Well, some fans wanted Kenny gone" is an unbelievable reach.

I don't know what we have left in the return game, but we should remember that losing DPE's contributions likely does not mean that average punt return goes to 0. And it's possible that somebody could step up equivalently, but that's unlikely.

As a receiver or in jet sweeps, we know he was poised to figure heavily into their plans this year. So that's a blow, too, but he hasn't established himself as firmly yet. We do have other players there, but it's undeniable that he was going to be a significant part of the offense. And that depth at a position that graduated Kenny, lost several players to dismissal, and lost a true freshman to injury is now a shaky situation.

(I wouldn't call that 7-10 points, though. An average of 7-10 points a game is a vast gulf of difference.)

Since when are we thin on receivers? It was one of the deepest positions coming into fall camp and we have lost one major contributor and one true freshman that was probably going to redshirt anyway and a few others have sat out with dings.

I have seen nothing to indicate we are all of a sudden thin at WR.

Was it? We're certainly low on bodies and that's what I mean.

Who are the star receivers, by the way? We have names, and I'm a fan of Westerkamp.

We have been low on bodies in a few practices simply because a few have been held out because they are dinged up. There is no indication that almost all of those won't be back in time for the season. In fact, almost all are back already.

Westerkamp is obviously the star of the show right now. Reilly has shown he can be effective and as for a youth, we have Stanley Morgan that has been talked about by everyone ever since he stepped on campus. The rest will rise from the group.

Westerkamp is obviously the star of the show right now. Reilly has shown he can be effective and as for a youth, we have Stanley Morgan that has been talked about by everyone ever since he stepped on campus. The rest will rise from the group.

Reilly has started one game in his career and has 9 career receptions for 109 receiving yards.

I'm not saying the talent isn't in the room, but that's optimistic. Curenski Gilleylen, Khiry Cooper, etc., etc., all names of serious "talked about" talents who weren't able to make a splash. We might see "the rest will rise" this year, or we might not, and I'd say we are another injury away from some real concerns here. DPE himself wasn't a sure thing as a star receiver, just "poised".

It's not the end of the world, but I think it should be clear that DPE was at the forefront of a lot of plans and those plans are probably going to have to accommodate reality now. Copious gulps are warranted.

Reilly has started one game in his career and has 9 career receptions for 109 receiving yards.

I'm not saying the talent isn't in the room, but that's optimistic. Curenski Gilleylen, Khiry Cooper, etc., etc., all names of serious "talked about" talents who weren't able to make a splash. We might see "the rest will rise" this year, or we might not, and I'd say we are another injury away from some real concerns here. DPE himself wasn't a sure thing as a star receiver, just "poised".

It's not the end of the world, but I think it should be clear that DPE was at the forefront of a lot of plans and those plans are probably going to have to accommodate reality now. Copious gulps are warranted.

Simply pointing out Reilly's stats is selling him pretty short. He played a good amount as a walk-on redshirt freshman two years ago despite playing behind two NFL receivers plus Westerkamp and a not-as-injured Jamal Turner. He was slowed by injuries most of last year but caught four passes in the Holiday Bowl. He doesn't have the game stats due to those factors and playing in a run-heavy offense. But by all accounts he's been by far the best receiving option this spring and fall. DPE was going to catch some passes but will get a lot of his work in the running game. There are ongoing injury questions about Reilly but his ability is far greater than his stats show.

And DPE is definitely a loss and I hope he's back as soon as possible. But if our offense was built to be so specific that the loss of one player is going to put us in a tail spin, that was not very good planning.

I didn't suggest that it would put us in a tailspin. Just that it's the kind of loss where it's unlikely you just throw another guy in there. As with any major injury to a playmaker, it's not one player that replaces him, but a complement of different players and different strategies. We'll see.

I didn't suggest that it would put us in a tailspin. Just that it's the kind of loss where it's unlikely you just throw another guy in there. As with any major injury to a playmaker, it's not one player that replaces him, but a complement of different players and different strategies. We'll see.

Yeah, that part wasn't necessarily directed at you, but just a general note, mostly from the other thread.

I love that people are giving teach a hard time, when he's just repeating what has been posted here for the last 9 months.

I know! It seems like as the season gets closer the attitudes are changing a bit!

I think you both have misunderstood the discussion from the very beginning.

Everything teachercd said above came across as if these things were certainties, as if they've already happened and are proven to be true.

This is the part you both have shown a huge lack of understanding in, you see.

Many of us, myself included believe we have upgraded with this coaching staff. What remains uncertain is how much that upgrade will translate to the field in their FIRST YEAR.

You've both laid out your expectations and that is fine, but like I've told you both at lest twenty times this off season, they haven't played a single down of football yet. They hadn't even begun fall practice and you both bad your expectations set in stone. As if I didn't find all that silly enough, we just lost a huge piece of this team yesterday, which makes these early expectations even more ridiculous.

All that is still besides the point.

Everything you said above teachercd was said as if you've seen the team play already. Sadly we both know you haven't.

I can only suggest to both of you to take a step back and try to enjoy the process a bit. Should be a fun year. We've got a good vibe from the coaches and the players sound very enthused and rejuvenated. Our hope should be that we see a team that plays hard, sticks together and doesn't break up when adversity hits, and most importantly they IMPROVE from week to week as a team.

Of course, you've heard this all before from me and a few others and it apparently it mean nothing. So good luck with those expectations of yours, I too really hope it all goes great. I'm just not going to be surprised if there's some hiccups. I expect there to be tough times. I'd be more surprised if there's not.