Anyone else have no handle on how good or bad the Huskers are going to be?

Dagerow

I just hope that Riley and the staff have the perspective to ignore the early outside bullsh#t and not let the snake (outside negativity) in the lockerroom to essentially drive the program. It's gonna be rough early. Obviously, a 2-2 start with the first season opening loss in like 30 some years is going to generate a lot of negativity, and open the gates allowing whats left of the Bolievers to come out in droves and pull there "i told you so" cards. Buts it's how they build and improve that I'm curious in seeing. I want to see how the team grows. Im tired of watching the team I love appear to be tired of football by mid October. And great things are perfectly possible even with a poor start. Ohio St lost to Virginia Tech. Yes, that Ohio St. The invisible one.

Yeah, that'd be a rough start for sure. I don't think it will happen, but there is always a chance. Riley and the staff are squarely in the honeymoon phase right now, and haven't really encountered anything negative at all. But at some point they'll encounter a sh#tstorm of negativity. The thing is, most of these guys have been around forever. They'll be able to handle the negative stuff much better than a first time coach, which is mostly what we've had for the past decade and a half.

when all is said and done, I agree. 2-2 probably will not happen. But knowing what we know now, which very little, and based off the sprng game, losses to BYU and Miami would not be shocking to me at all.

I just hope that Riley and the staff have the perspective to ignore the early outside bullsh#t and not let the snake (outside negativity) in the lockerroom to essentially drive the program. It's gonna be rough early. Obviously, a 2-2 start with the first season opening loss in like 30 some years is going to generate a lot of negativity, and open the gates allowing whats left of the Bolievers to come out in droves and pull there "i told you so" cards. Buts it's how they build and improve that I'm curious in seeing. I want to see how the team grows. Im tired of watching the team I love appear to be tired of football by mid October. And great things are perfectly possible even with a poor start. Ohio St lost to Virginia Tech. Yes, that Ohio St. The invisible one.

Yeah, that'd be a rough start for sure. I don't think it will happen, but there is always a chance. Riley and the staff are squarely in the honeymoon phase right now, and haven't really encountered anything negative at all. But at some point they'll encounter a sh#tstorm of negativity. The thing is, most of these guys have been around forever. They'll be able to handle the negative stuff much better than a first time coach, which is mostly what we've had for the past decade and a half.

when all is said and done, I agree. 2-2 probably will not happen. But knowing what we know now, which very little, and based off the sprng game, losses to BYU and Miami would not be shocking to me at all.

Really, what looked to bad in the spring game? I would take everything I see in a spring game with a big grain of salt. I thought it did show that Riley will run the ball more than most think he will.

It seems the kids take their emotional cues from the coaches. With Bo, it seemed that the more the spit flew the smaller our chances at a win in tough games. His nerves rubbed off on the team, if you will, making THEM nervous or out of sorts. Sort of like when you were a child and if Dad was having a bad day, then dammit, EVERYONE would have to have a bad day. Not the best analogy, I know.

Back in the TO years, it was a bit of the opposite. The tougher the opponent, the calmer Tom seemed. He was a reassuring legend/father stalking the sidelines to just make sure everyone was performing at their highest ability. He was never a spit-spraying, cussing machine that grabbed player's helmets and chewed them a new ass. But if the player/team was NOT performing to the level expected (and this was usually some game where we were already up by 50 over Kansas or ISU) you'd see Tom express as much emotion as he was capable of. This seemed mostly driven by seeing the players slack off once they knew they had it in the bag. Bad discipline, in other words.

That is one of the many things I loved about Tom, that I think Riley shows similarity to.

As far as the games, I just hope we play to our fullest potential each and every game. If the game is lost, let it be lost because the other team was actually better, not because we didn't perform our best. Let no question hang over the game about our discipline.

I hope we exceed 9 or 10, but if it's less I'm cool with that, so long as we actually play as well as the team is capable of in each game.

Very good point here. Got pretty old watching us get beat by our own game plan or lack thereof. And many other things. I just hope the days of finger nail biting against teams like McNeese, Wyoming or SDSU are over.

• Fire 1

I'm just absolutely pumped to watch NU. Haven't been this excited since 2010 when Suh came back for his Sr year. W or L we have a staff that embraces us and it feels damn good to be husker nation again

Right on man.

I feel the exact same way.

Haven't been this excited for some Husker football in a long time.

• Fire 1

Really, what looked to bad in the spring game? I would take everything I see in a spring game with a big grain of salt. I thought it did show that Riley will run the ball more than most think he will.

nothing was so "bad". Itwas just a typical spring game. With summer workouts and fall camp to go before a real game against a different team, a spring game tells you nothing. Eg, zach Darlington and Brion Carnes each won the qb job in the spring game.

It tells you very little. The fans i mean. Which is the point. Wedont really know enough to have any solid expectations. And all circumstances taken into account, losses to a solid BYU team, and on the road to an extremely talentedmiami team should not be surprising if it happens. New staff. New direction. New mentality, both psychologicaly and schematically on both sides of the ball. Lots of newness.