"Woman sues OSU, ex-head football coach Mike Riley, says her 1999 rape occurred in 'sexually violent culture'"

So it's Mike Rileys fault that a guy that might be related to a football player visited Corvallis and raped a girl off campus? Can I go after Callahan for my MIP in Lincoln in 2007? I mean other people and players had drinking issues so he created a culture that made it feel OK.

A close family-friend used to be a judge in California and I just happened to see him today while I was at work. He said he hadn't read the lawsuit, but, he said everything he has had read in the media leads him to believe this case will be tossed out almost immediately. He said it's tough enough to prove rape as a criminal case, let alone trying to prove that some type of alleged rape culture, that led to an alleged rape, is somehow a coach's fault.

That story reflects really well on Riley.

Maybe he wasn't aware of the issues surrounding sexual assault back in the day, but he is clearly learned from a sad story and he clearly want's his guys to understand today. It's great that he stayed in touch with the other young woman and I am sure having her speak will be a powerful learning experience for the current players. I think society as a whole has learned more about sexual assault since the timeframe of the alleged assault and it sounds like Riley is one of the good guys increasing awareness.

• Fire 1

Riley seems like a guy you'd want to know and you'd want your kids to know. Someone should tell this chick that college is a sexually violent culture. I don't really blame her though. More likely than not, some advisor, lawyer, etc told her, sign this, we can win, etc.

That's the impression I get. She probably didn't even know who Mike Riley was before she consulted with her lawyer. He probably saw a huge payday for her and wanted to get her on board so he could get his cut off the top.

Riley seems like a guy you'd want to know and you'd want your kids to know. Someone should tell this chick that college is a sexually violent culture. I don't really blame her though. More likely than not, some advisor, lawyer, etc told her, sign this, we can win, etc.

This is an unfortunate perspective, and hopefully not one shared by the mainstream of college students.