Barry's Contract

Is barry's spot as head coach saved now??? A win over ku tomorrow would be for sure a saved job for him...I am neutral right now as for him to stay or go....

Yeah, I was wondering that myself. Huskers have a lot of young players contributing, who knows if they want to give Collier a chance to show what he can do with them after making some noise in Dallas. The regular season was still disappointing though.

This is the worst possible senerio for Stevie P and Marc B. if they wanted him gone (which I think they did/do). Whenever they lose, which'll probably be in 7 hours, they'll sit at 19-13 and going to the NIT. With one win, you have a 20 win team. No matter how bad there Non-Conference sked, 20 wins is 20 wins. And can you fire a coach with 20 wins when 3 years ago you fired a football coach who had 9 wins and the nightmare that came about because of that firing? My answer: yes...

Pederson and Boem released a statement this evening saying that Collier will be retained as head coach of the basketball team.

:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

Oh joy one more year of BarryBall. If more talent isn't brought in we will still be average next year. We will beat the crappy teams and get beat by the good teams. Beating OU twice this year doesn't mean a whole lot IMO. They are pretty average.

We have put up with a lot of crap this year...but I for one am very excited for next season...this years and last years recruiting classes are very good and I am anxious to see some of the incoming freshman/redshirt freshman playing next year. Who knows maybe these 2 classes will turn the corner for Barry and he will get us a 20+ win season next year...anything less should lead to him being canned.

Seems like every year Barry does something to "save" his job. This year was the 2 OU wins and 2 wins in Dallas. And last year I can only immagine that the OSU game was a "sign of the future" or something like that. I am tired of it. When you can't draw over 7,000 in a Big XII arena it is bad. The only time they draw is when a big coach comes like Bob Knight or a ranked team like KU or Texas. People's excusses are "Nebraska isn't a basketball school". My reply is "why do we have a team then?". A school can win at all sports. Look at Texas. I know they are a breeding ground for D1 athletes but I am tired of people not caring about the team. I guess I'll start caring when UNL does. :wasted