Refugees

Should we be doing more?

LINK

(CNN)The expanding Syrian refugee crisis highlights the differences among countries that welcome desperate migrants and those that don't.

Some 4.1 million Syrians are fleeing a homeland riven by more than four years of civil war. Some countries have taken in so many migrants it's caused a population spike, while others have done little or nothing at all.

Here's a country-by-country look at what is being done to address the worst refugee crisis since the Rwandan genocide more than 20 years ago, according to experts.

Maybe the 2 sides feel we need a breather from saving the world.

It may be a good time for the world to shoulder some of the burden, this is true. It doesn't always have to be America.

Funny how the rest of the world bitches and moans that America acts like the world's Police, but when something like this happens, eyes turn toward America for help.

• Fire 1

Is it because it's an election year?

If so, that's a pretty pathetic reason.

I completely agree with being tired of America being the world police. I view that more as not wanting our military getting involved everywhere spending billions of dollars and many lives trying to fix problems caused by horrible people in the world.

However, I don't see accepting refugees as "being the world police".

OR....let me throw out another possible reason. Are politicians concerned about terrorists coming to the US disguised as refugees from Syria?

Maybe stop blowing countries to smithereens and/or taking most of their land/resources would be a really good place to start as re: "foreign policy" and refugees. Too late for that though, damage already done, and the imperialists are paying for the crises they created. Same ol' same ol', whether it's Mexico, C and S America, Africa, SE Asia, Libya, Syria, and on and on....

Maybe stop blowing countries to smithereens and/or taking most of their land/resources would be a really good place to start as re: "foreign policy" and refugees. Too late for that though, damage already done, and the imperialists are paying for the crises they created. Same ol' same ol', whether it's Mexico, C and S America, Africa, SE Asia, Libya, Syria, and on and on....it's another tragedy.

Maybe stop blowing countries to smithereens and/or taking most of their land/resources would be a really good place to start as re: "foreign policy" and refugees. Too late for that though, damage already done, and the imperialists are paying for the crises they created. Same ol' same ol', whether it's Mexico, C and S America, Africa, SE Asia, Libya, Syria, and on and on....

I feel the same way. Maybe if America and Europe had not stuck its nose where it didn't belong, we wouldn't be having this mess. There didn't seem to be a problem when the dictators were running the show. I am not saying it was paradise, but we weren't having mass migrations.

• Fire 1

I feel the same way. Maybe if America and Europe had not stuck its nose where it didn't belong, we wouldn't be having this mess. There didn't seem to be a problem when the dictators were running the show. I am not saying it was paradise, but we weren't having mass migrations.

This

In 2010, Gaddafi warned Europe this would happen before he was ousted.

Gaddafi demands £4 billion from EU or Europe will turn 'black'

During an EU-Africa summit, that ended on Tuesday in Tripoli, the Libyan leader described European's economic relationship with the African continent as a "failure".

Unless "Christian, white" countries gave him extra funding, Colonel Gaddafi predicted that Europe would be flooded with illegal immigrants leaving impoverished Africa.

"We should stop this illegal immigration. If we don't, Europe will become black, it will be overcome by people with different religions, it will change," he said.

We deposed Saddam Hussein and Iraq devolved into chaos, too. The Arab Spring has been an interesting development throughout the Middle East/North Africa. But it hasn't always been for the best.