At what point do we stop bringing up Bo to defend Riley?

can we ask when are people going to stop bringing up Bo to attack Riley?

Riley's .500 career record over several decades and zero conference championships in his career is enough on it's own. I would guess Pelini and his direct deposit are doing just fine.
Look up Nick Sabans record prior to LSU. Stellar

Saban had only been a head coach a few years prior to LSU......and never had a losing season. Riley has a 9 loss season in recent years.

Stop attacking Riley!!!

What exactly do you have against Riley? Has he taken away your manhood by losing two football games?

and they're treating Riley's PAST RECORD at a Kansas State-level school as justification to treat Riley with the same contempt people express toward Pelini.

I'd put thought into analogies. Age notwithstanding, Bill Snyder's resume knocks Riley's out of the park......for an Oregon State-level school.

Riley's .500 career record over several decades and zero conference championships in his career is enough on it's own. I would guess Pelini and his direct deposit are doing just fine.

He was 43-26-1 prior to LSU. That's a .623 winning percentage.

Oh didn't realize a 9% difference in win percentage was grounds for dismissing a comparison. So when Mike Riley does win are you going to be celebrating or will you be a fan of the undefeated team that year? Just curious

Look, I know we are only 3 games into the Mike Riley tenure, and that Riley is playing with a roster that was put together nearly 100% by Bo and the previous staff. But, at what point do we stop bringing up the negatives of Bo and his staff, just in the effort to defend Mike Riley and his staff?

I fully supported the firing of Bo. Although I didn't care as much about his sideline demeanor as most fans, Bo's win-loss record and performance in big games wasn't getting it done.

When Mike Riley was hired, I fully knew he who he was, and was aware of his performance at Oregon State. He had some good and bad years at OSU, in a very difficult situation. But, I could understand a lot of concerns with him from fans.

I came into this season with moderate expectations. I was very concerned about the overall talent and depth on the team. But, I thought that Riley and his staff could get the team to improve in the on-field performance. The first 3 games have produced extremely mixed results. Yes, the BYU game was lost on a fluke Hail Mary, but NU was also almost blown out in the first half and didn't finish the game in the 4th. The Miami game was also very alarming. I think Miami has more speed and talent than NU, but that doesn't excuse the poor start, lack of execution, and overall lifelessness shown for most of the game. A 1-2 record is still a 1-2 record. Yes, BYU and Miami are good teams, but it's not like NU was starting out with 2 teams ranked in the top ten.

I state the above because it seems like whenever someone brings up negative items regarding the Riley and the new staff, it seems like someone has to follow-up with a negative point or comparison to Bo. Yes, I guess it's good to see a calm demeanor on the sidelines, but it doesn't do much good if the coach doesn't win. Yes, it's a positive is a good representative of the University, handles the media well, and is universally well-liked. But, frankly, those are minor aspects of a coach for me, and winning is the biggest aspect of a coach for me. But, all of these "positives" about Riley seem to be in comparison to the previous guy. When can we let it go with Bo (insert Frozen GIF) and just talk about Riley and his team's performance, and not have every thread be a comparison to Riley and Bo?

A lot of the criticism of Riley is veiled defense of Pelini, which we saw in full bloom following the first game with threads such as "I hope you're happy now."

There's no legitimate justification for the Riley hate after one, two or three games, and there's no explanation other than Pelini's fans are still butthurt. I wish they would take their carnival to Youngstown where I understand Pelini has gotten the old gang back together again.

But there's plenty of room for Riley doubt, regardless of how you felt about Pelini. I know a lot of guys that hated Pelini and couldn't wait for him to get fired, and who are also completely disgusted with the Riley hire. It's rarely accurate to generalize a group of people based on one single criteria.

You can judge Riley on the fact that he has played on National TV twice and both were close losses, he has yet to be blown out, 408 made that a habit.

Huge progress right there....

Ayup. He's 1-2 with 0 blowouts. Hip, hip hooray?

Its a strong start in righting part of what was wrong with the program. Even the blind can see that. Hip Hip Hooray!

and they're treating Riley's PAST RECORD at a Kansas State-level school as justification to treat Riley with the same contempt people express toward Pelini.

I'd put thought into analogies. Age notwithstanding, Bill Snyder's resume knocks Riley's out of the park......for an Oregon State-level school.

Yeah, I didn't mention Snyder because he's irrelevant to the argument. Oregan State was a crappy football program, much like K-State before the Snyder Renaissance. If Snyder had a .500 record at K-State, you still couldn't say he was a bad coach. But whatever, I'm sure you can dig up another strawman to argue against.

So when are you changing your name to TheRebel or TheSpartan? Obviously pointless to be a fan of Nebrska these next 5-6 years since Riley won't get it done

Yeah, I didn't mention Snyder because he's irrelevant to the argument.

No. Snyder defeats your argument.....as would Dennis Erickson. It can be done at schools with less resources. Riley simply didn't.

So when are you changing your name to TheRebel or TheSpartan? Obviously pointless to be a fan of Nebrska these next 5-6 years since Riley won't get it done

Yeah, I didn't mention Snyder because he's irrelevant to the argument.

No. Snyder defeats your argument.....as would Dennis Erickson. It can be done at schools with less resources. Riley simply didn't.

He was 43-26-1 prior to LSU. That's a .623 winning percentage.

Oh didn't realize a 9% difference in win percentage was grounds for dismissing a comparison. So when Mike Riley does win are you going to be celebrating or will you be a fan of the undefeated team that year? Just curious

HAHAHAHA! The defense is strong with this one!

Dude, someone asked for Saban's record prior to LSU and I provided it. Why don't you stop the amateur mindreading bit and just respond to the words I actually type?

You can see how Pelini's fanclub flock to these threads. It's comical. They use the disgust people expressed at Bo in his 7TH YEAR after embarrassing Nebraska both on and off the field FOR YEARS, and after hiring his unqualified friends and relatives as assistants, and telling the fans to F%$& off, and poisoning the players, and they're treating Riley's PAST RECORD at a Kansas State-level school as justification to treat Riley with the same contempt people express toward Pelini.

You can't argue with stupid like that. The only solution is to ignore them and hope they get tired and go back to the Youngstown State forums.

I detect a little guilt. Were you one of those loud Bo detractors last year?

You can see how Pelini's fanclub flock to these threads. It's comical. They use the disgust people expressed at Bo in his 7TH YEAR after embarrassing Nebraska both on and off the field FOR YEARS, and after hiring his unqualified friends and relatives as assistants, and telling the fans to F%$& off, and poisoning the players, and they're treating Riley's PAST RECORD at a Kansas State-level school as justification to treat Riley with the same contempt people express toward Pelini.

You can't argue with stupid like that. The only solution is to ignore them and hope they get tired and go back to the Youngstown State forums.

I detect a little guilt. Were you one of those loud Bo detractors last year?

I detect a lot of.....something. You NEVER miss a chance to piss on any thread that has any balance in it regarding Riley. That's you. I hope you understand that any post you contribute in will be that same broken record. Just for the novelty of it, why don't you pretend to have balance in what you say?

• Fire 1

There is a huge difference between having a conversation about Riley's performance compared to Bo and what is coming from the hardcore Riley defenders. more and more the main response to any criticism regarding the team's performance is simply either Melvin Gordon or 408.

Please tell me how that is in anyway relevant to how the team is doing this season.

52 62 38 48 45 36 63 70 f#*k the fans 600+ wyoming 38 unanswered puttin minnesota back on the map fire me if they wanna fire me

Thats all BEFORE gordon and the 408. And its right off the top of my head. There were far more issues with bo than that day by Gordon. But its the most recent in a long line of meltdowns. Its was yhe final straw. And the most drastic. I mean, the guy shattered the single game record in a hair over two quarters. So yeah. Id expect it to get brought up.