Chatelain: Pin this loss squarely on Mike Riley and Danny Langsdorf

Following an uninspired fourth-down call wouldnt a punt have been more effective? Illinois marched 72 yards and won the game.

The honeymoon is over, folks. Nebraska is 2-3. Mike Riley and Danny Langsdorf lost this football game with dreadful mismanagement, not just of the clock, but of the entire offense.

Over and over, rather than feeding Ozigbo and Andy Janovich, they let Armstrong heave deep balls like a fourth-grader playing 500 at recess. This was Bill Callahan at Iowa State in 2004. This was Shawn Watson at Missouri in 2009 (luckily, Ndamukong Suh bailed him out that night). This was a debacle far worse than Texas 09 or Wisconsin 12.http://www.omaha.com/huskers/chatelain-pin-this-loss-squarely-on-riley-and-langsdorf/article_899171ee-6a2e-11e5-8f5e-b770878cd57d.html

How rich for trollio to be writing this crap since he started the brewhaha with the former coach.

Dirty Dick actually is talented as a writer, but he is a stupid troll.

He was right about Pelini. He was a jackass and had to go.

He is right about this game today and our current staff. These things are not mutually exclusive.

Exactly. Just because you think Pelini needed to go doesn't mean you have to side with Riley. I personally like Dirk, he doesn't sugar coat things and calls it like it is. And he's right on the mark here. This loss isn't on the players it falls completely on the coaches. Something we thought with 200,000,000 years of experience would be a thing in the past. Then the fact that they have the audacity to say "Well the play call was a bootleg", wow guys way to pin it on the player. When you have a running back in Ozigbo who is averaging ten yards a carry you hand it to him, or to Janovich, or take a QB kneel. I don't care what it is you just call a play to keep that clock going. Calling a bootleg is terrible, especially since it's going to be in the QB instinct to throw the ball. I have been telling people that Riley isn't Callahan 2.0 mainly because I didn't want to believe that it could happen again. But here we are, a bone headed Callahanesque call to blow the game.

• Fire 2

Not to put too fine a point on it, but this is a team that we beat 45-14 last year - outgaining them by almost 300 yards - and they fired their coach just before the season.

And one of our other losses is to a team that lost to a mid major, and their fans are paying to fly planes across the country to get him fired...