Personnel Changes

I think he's retiring this. Thank God. He's an atheist from what I hear. He hated bo when he was hear because he was a regular good Catholic.

Great, now we can include religion in a discussion about football? Ugh.

Obviously, Harv had a personal grudge. Was it religion? Who knows.

But Harv is a small, small guy.

Was this the first extended action from A.Williams in the secondary? Also a true freshman. Looks like he has a bright future, and the secondary is a place where we could use some of that. Haven't noticed him in a game before. He's a ... corner?

Our corners also played more competitively today, all of them. It was a nice effort, albeit with a few breakdowns. Part of the problem that I see is sometimes the rush just doesn't get there fast enough, but that'll happen on some plays, and it's how offenses move the chains.

Kept their offense kind of in check, which may also be because ILL is not that great....but our own didn't show up today, which is the stunner. I'm not sure help is coming for the OL this year, so those guys need to turn it around.

I believe Williams had the "coverage" on the BYU reciever who caught the Hail Mary pass.

The defense played well today overall. I guess it was the offense's turn to tank.

I seem to remember something about Pearlman leaving on his own terms as well. Is there anything that backs this up?

I think officially this is a retirement.

Ive also heard that regents wanted him out for a couple years now, but being without a Pres, and a chancellor at the same time wasnt doable.

I have no clue if Perlman is to blame for our mediocrity. But the fact is that he's an easy target for blame. He's the one and only constant in all this dating back to 2001 when it began. And he probably hasnt done anything wrong. Or he coulda done a lot wrong. But he's the easy target at this point. Cuz it looks like we're at the bottom of the barrel.

I think he's retiring this. Thank God. He's an atheist from what I hear. He hated bo when he was hear because he was a regular good Catholic.

what-the-hell-is-this-crap.jpg

Seriously, move the religious crap to the Politics/Religious board.

• Fire 1

what-the-hell-is-this-crap.jpg

Seriously, move the religious crap to the Politics/Religious board.

I seem to remember something about Pearlman leaving on his own terms as well. Is there anything that backs this up?

Ive also heard that regents wanted him out for a couple years now, but being without a Pres, and a chancellor at the same time wasnt doable.

I have no clue if Perlman is to blame for our mediocrity. But the fact is that he's an easy target for blame. He's the one and only constant in all this dating back to 2001 when it began. And he probably hasnt done anything wrong. Or he coulda done a lot wrong. But he's the easy target at this point. Cuz it looks like we're at the bottom of the barrel.

Part of the reason for the Perlman ire is because Eichorst is rumored to be nothing more than a proxy for Perlman's decisions regarding athletics, including the choice of Riley as coach.

Don't know how much is true or not...but the way Perlman brought on Eichorst was rather suspect, IIRC. And frankly, if we're going to jettison Riley, Eichorst will need to go first, and that means the Chancellor that hand-picked him needs to be out of the picture.

Part of the reason for the Perlman ire is because Eichorst is rumored to be nothing more than a proxy for Perlman's decisions regarding athletics, including the choice of Riley as coach.

Don't know how much is true or not...but the way Perlman brought on Eichorst was rather suspect, IIRC. And frankly, if we're going to jettison Riley, Eichorst will need to go first, and that means the Chancellor that hand-picked him needs to be out of the picture.

I, don't know if it's a Jewish v. Catholic thing, seems far fetched to me since Riley is allegedly extremely Christian.

But it's no secret that Harv strongly disliked Bo.

I, don't know if it's a Jewish v. Catholic thing, seems far fetched to me since Riley is allegedly extremely Christian.

Because he was a prick and made NU look unprofessional.

• Fire 1

Because he was a prick and made NU look unprofessional.

And dared to question Harvey the Wonder Chancellor to his face...

...and again, I support the decision to oust Bo. I feel I have to specify this, or anything that goes against the leadership is going to automatically be spun as Pro-Bo.