Take the screw Bo element out of it...

Redux

BYU is a great football team, Miami is a great ball team. We have been 1 play away from winning every contest we have played this season. Can you find it deep down. Inside to not act like a child on this one and maybe, just maybe give this staff a little time to put things together. 3 shut out first half's, the best WR tandem in the country. When the cylinders hit on both sides of the ball, at the same time, we can beat anyone in the B1G.

Neither BYU or Miami are close to being ranked. We didn't step up any time we needed to to win the 3 games we lost. 3 shut out first halves and only one was a win. Westerkamp had 1 catch for negative yards today. We couldn't beat Illinois in Big Ten play and they have an interim coach.

Sorry but nothing you said made me hopeful in the least.

• Fire 1

Last bit for the night and I'm out.

We led 13-0 at the half. We never scored again or even got into position to score. Illinois even missed 2 FG's earlier in the game. We never put ourselves in a position to honestly win this game today, or the BYU game, or the Miami game. Holding on for dear life to a lead is not being a play away from being undefeated. We are nowhere close to what we wanted to be yet.

BYU is a great football team, Miami is a great ball team. We have been 1 play away from winning every contest we have played this season. Can you find it deep down. Inside to not act like a child on this one and maybe, just maybe give this staff a little time to put things together. 3 shut out first half's, the best WR tandem in the country. When the cylinders hit on both sides of the ball, at the same time, we can beat anyone in the B1G.

Great football team?

BYU shutout by Michigan.

Al Golden.

I'll say it again.

Al. Golden.

Interim Head Coach for Illinois.

Southern Miss's record the last few years.

They are not great.

The issues we see go beyond talent.

You can't teach an old dog new tricks.

Nor does an old dog become young again when moved to a new home.

Producing patterns over 30 years doesn't change abruptly.

Aw, Shucks.

I know many people here have said it, that they are fed up, but today's game is the one that is finally making even those of us who wear the rosiest colored glasses a little worried. We could chalk up the BYU game to a good team beating NU with a lucky play. Against Miami, the Huskers adjusted, played good D in the 2nd half and Tommie was awesome but just forced that pass in OT that got picked...

....but today, Tommie and the receivers were not clicking. Hey, it happens. Those here who know me, know that I am not on here to call out players after a game...I never do. I think they go out there and do their best and it is on the coaches to do something about it if the player's best isn't cutting it. So today, the passing game wasn't working. So why....WHY did they keep going to the passing game? Over and over and over again? Is it because they can't establish a running game? Well, isn't that on the coaching staff?

There were only three seniors on the entire O-line last season: Moudy, Cotton and Pelini. Is anyone going to tell me that the loss of those three players was so devastating to the O-line that they can no longer run the ball? Or is it the design of this offense?

I thought this coach said he would adjust to the talent that he had. Well, I like Tommie a lot, but he was never a pro style QB who was going to sit in the pocket and pass the ball 50 times a game. So why is this staff trying to make him do that? When he was 7/16 in the game, wasn't that a sign to the coaching staff that maybe it just wasn't a good passing day for him? Maybe they should try something else? Maybe more Jet-sweeps...Maybe more draw plays...maybe some zone reads...maybe a few QB options...maybe anything other than chucking the ball 40 yards down the field on first down every possession? When the ball is sailing over the heads of receivers, and when he does put it in their hands, they are dropping it; maybe it's time to try something different.

....and for Christ's sake...when you have a slim lead, and the pass has not worked all game long and you can basically run the clock almost down to nothing with one more run play...why in the F**K would anyone in their right mind throw a pass? This is what has me worried, and I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I think this is what the OP was talking about.

• Fire 1

Here's the list of Miami, BYU, and Illinois wins over Power 5 teams:

Nebraska

So yeah, not good teams.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2

I know many people here have said it, that they are fed up, but today's game is the one that is finally making even those of us who wear the rosiest colored glasses a little worried. We could chalk up the BYU game to a good team beating NU with a lucky play. Against Miami, the Huskers adjusted, played good D in the 2nd half and Tommie was awesome but just forced that pass in OT that got picked...

....but today, Tommie and the receivers were not clicking. Hey, it happens. Those here who know me, know that I am not on here to call out players after a game...I never do. I think they go out there and do their best and it is on the coaches to do something about it if the player's best isn't cutting it. So today, the passing game wasn't working. So why....WHY did they keep going to the passing game? Over and over and over again? Is it because they can't establish a running game? Well, isn't that on the coaching staff?

There were only three seniors on the entire O-line last season: Moudy, Cotton and Pelini. Is anyone going to tell me that the loss of those three players was so devastating to the O-line that they can no longer run the ball? Or is it the design of this offense?

I thought this coach said he would adjust to the talent that he had. Well, I like Tommie a lot, but he was never a pro style QB who was going to sit in the pocket and pass the ball 50 times a game. So why is this staff trying to make him do that? When he was 7/16 in the game, wasn't that a sign to the coaching staff that maybe it just wasn't a good passing day for him? Maybe they should try something else? Maybe more Jet-sweeps...Maybe more draw plays...maybe some zone reads...maybe a few QB options...maybe anything other than chucking the ball 40 yards down the field on first down every possession? When the ball is sailing over the heads of receivers, and when he does put it in their hands, they are dropping it; maybe it's time to try something different.

....and for Christ's sake...when you have a slim lead, and the pass has not worked all game long and you can basically run the clock almost down to nothing with one more run play...why in the F**K would anyone in their right mind throw a pass? This is what has me worried, and I don't mean to be presumptuous, but I think this is what the OP was talking about.

Ozigbo averaged 10 yards per carry, but only had 7 carries. I think "refuses to establish the running game" is more accurate than can't establish a running game

• Fire 3

Here's the list of Miami, BYU, and Illinois wins over Power 5 teams:

Nebraska

So yeah, not good teams.

This post is awesome.

Ozigbo averaged 10 yards per carry, but only had 7 carries. I think "refuses to establish the running game" is more accurate than can't establish a running game

I hate to say this, but it looks that way.