Running on first-down.

There's also a big difference between cold, wet and windy, and warm and windy. The BYU game as a pretty windy game, but, it really doesn't affect you the same way the cold and wet do.

Given the sheer amount of criticism this week, I really hope the coaches take this as a learning experience for this team. Corvallis may have had grumbling about problems, but, you mess up at Nebraska and people are really going to let you hear it. Hopefully, they take something away from that.

Doesn't it affect both QB's though?

Tommy was 10-31. Lunt was 23-45

True, but, that somewhat assumes they were throwing similar passes the whole game which they weren't, and he was still just barely over .500 passing.

I'm also reminded of the '09 Mizzou game. Just about everyone in the stadium said when Nebraska mounted their comeback in the 4th quarter the rain had stopped pouring down which helped Nebraska. Sometimes in these bad weather games wind gusts, rain, what have you, can pop up at random times impacting one throw but not another.

Regardless, I think we can all agree the staff and team need to be more on the same page in inclement weather. Illinois was forced to throw and throw a lot because they were down. They ended up making a couple plays. Nebraska wasn't in that position.

Anyone know how often we run the ball on first-down? I won't mind doing the research once I get the time. Figured I'd throw it out there in case somebody knew, or knew of a good site to just look it up.

We're at 50 - 60 - 7 for rush - pass - penalty, based on what I found below:

http://www.cfbstats.com/2015/national/index.html

I like that site but I don't think it has anything on what plays are called on first down. Or am I missing it?

I may be reading that site wrong also so this may not be accurate but if I am reading it correctly it shows:

Rushing Attempts on 1st down: 105 Total yards: 517

Average yards: 4.92

Passing Attempts on 1st down: 69 Completions: 35 Comp. Percentage: 50.7 Total yards: 502 Rushing Attempts on 2nd down: 49 Total yards: 373 Average yards: 7.61 Rushing Attempts on 3rd down: 24 Total yards: 74 Average yards: 3.08 Passing Attempts on 2nd down: 75 Completions: 45 Comp. Percentage: 60.0 Total yards: 522 Passing Attempts on 3rd down: 44 Completions: 23 Comp. Percentage: 52.3 Total yards: 359
  • Fire 1

Nebraska ran 27 first-down plays Saturday — 11 passes, 16 rushes.

On first down, Tommy Armstrong was 2-for-11 for 15 yards, including a completion for minus-1. In other words, one of 11 attempts produced a gain.

Meanwhile, 16 first-down rushing plays produced 94 yards. Seven of Nebraska’s first eight first-down rushes gained four yards or more, putting NU on schedule to move the chains.

As the game wore on, it became more and more clear that Armstrong was off. Yet NU kept taking shots downfield. The Huskers averaged 5.5 yards per carry and 3.4 yards per pass attempt.

OWH

Hey Langsdorf! Look up here ^^^^^^^^

5529af707366d.image.jpg

No! Not over there! Up! Look up!

Damn, he can't hear me, must be too windy.

• Fire 2