The Eichorst experiment

jam56

Zero excuses for Bo.

As for Riley, I'm a fan, so I hope it happens. If it doesn't, another coach -- hopefully not someone who can't handle it, like Bo -- will get the chance and I'll hope it happens for them.

Riley hasn't captained a program with the success potential of Nebraska before. So there's hope. Pat Fitzgerald's record heading into this year? 60-53 at Northwestern. That's .531. Yet, he is one hell of a coach, and any program would be lucky to have him at the helm. He's going to gut it out at Northwestern, and while he'll have more good seasons here or there I'd be stunned if he got too far away from his career OVR, unless he moves to a bigger stage.

I'll enjoy losing the right way any day over a coach who turns and points fingers at the fans. 9 wins and an unranked finish -- heck, even a championship, if you want to get down to it -- are not worthy exchanges for abandoning principles.

I completely agree with that. If things go like they did in Muschamp's tenure or like Strong's is right now, he'll be feeling legitimate hotseat heat even as early as year 2 or 3.

Riley is feeling heat now.......his sideline demeanor was different yesterday. From his unsportsmanlike conduct to raising his voice past a "dad gum" to an assistant coach......it looked like Coach Read, but couldn't quite tell.

Reach.

Reminds me of the flavor-of-2014 Bo defense: "Look at Tim Miles screaming at officials and getting technicals."

You'll see what you want to see.

I completely agree with that. If things go like they did in Muschamp's tenure or like Strong's is right now, he'll be feeling legitimate hotseat heat even as early as year 2 or 3.

Riley is feeling heat now.......his sideline demeanor was different yesterday. From his unsportsmanlike conduct to raising his voice past a "dad gum" to an assistant coach......it looked like Coach Read, but couldn't quite tell.

Reach.

Reminds me of the flavor-of-2014 Bo defense: "Look at Tim Miles screaming at officials and getting technicals."

You'll see what you want to see.

Call it a reach if you like......no biggie.

Riley is feeling it, and yes (to me) it was quite noticeable. As it should be.

• Fire 1

That's fair; we can agree to disagree.

Our last HC was a guy who couldn't handle it well when things got tough. We've -- or I've -- got a lot of expectation built up for the opposite in this new guy, so I really hope it's not a repeat situation. If somehow it does end up being that...well, they need to find a guy who does handle the breaks better.

But this feels like an eager leap to judgment, to me. If you want to see how a coach responds to a bad season, give him another season. If he's run out of chances, make a change.

I think Eichorst, did not even watch the game Saturday probably too busy working on his resume, and sucking up to Barry Alv to try and get the Wisconsin gig.

I heard sweater vest will retire from Youngstown State at the end of the year and Eichorst has the job in the bag. :)

Stranger. Then. Fiction.

I like Mike I also brought into the hype but your first impression is usually right and that was 50/50 coach. We were told with all of resources facilities money fan base educational support it was going to work. We had talent we had depth till August 20th or there so, than all of the sudden there was none. So apparently the keys to the Ferrari Mike and his staff was handed was actually to 1962 Nash Rambler. Nobody thought will would be 2 and 4 at this point, not even me I believed 4-2 maybe 5-1 with Mike or Bo. With our remaining schedule Purdue or Rutgers isn't a given with this staff. So Mike was 50/50 in the PAC-12 this year in B1G TEN maybe if we are lucky lol 2-6 but 0-8 is every bit as good, Like I asked in the opening how can losers teach our team to be winners. Oh I do want so bad to go 6-0 for the rest of the year I am a die hard Husker Fan.

• Fire 1