Carriker and DL

i am excited too......butttttttt.......remember Le Kevin Smith and Titus Adams are gone now and they made alot of what happened on the D last year possible....they leave some big shoes to fill

hunter

Yes they do, however I am very certain that the mix of Ola, Cryer, Steinkuhler, Suh, and The Beast (Brandon Johnson) will fill that hole very well. I will even go as far as to say that by the end of the year, our DT play will be better than it was this year.

If Suh can get his motor running on a more consistant basis then the middle will be no man's land for opposing RBs. He'll be throwing them around like rag dolls much like he did Lucky the other day on practice.

Suh will become a starter at some point this year.

Now thats good to hear from someone. I keep hearing what a monster he is, but wonder why he isn't already a starter...his time will come though.

NationalChamps.net is one of the first to post a preseason Top 25 for 2006, and lists Nebraska at No. 21 with a projected record of 8-4. The Web site has NU defensive end Adam Carriker as a third-team All-American. :steam:steam:steam:steam:steam:steam

i read that somewhere (OWH i think) and i feel your anger! Third team for Carriker? are you sh**in' me?! They must not be following up on him.....TOTAL UNDERESTIMATION don't ya think?

I believe that the DL will only improve from last year. Ola saw plenty of time and I think that will be Suh's role as well. I am not worried about a position this year unlike last year. So great things can happen this year as long as we remain healthy.

Carriker will see the 1st round providing he has a good healthy year!