Best Position Coaches? (opinion poll)

Best Position coaches (opinion poll)  

64 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It appears to me that the areas of the team that seem the most improved (presumably give the coach credit therefor) are:

O Line, LBs, QB, WR. All of these areas are improved over prior years in my opinion and also improved this years from game 1 to date. Most glaring improvement is QB play from Tommy. I am disappointed that we have not a clue who our backup QB is or whether or not he can even operate the basic offense, let alone have us compete vs. an opponent. I believe we have a number of players in these areas that are playing at an all conference hon mention level or better.

Areas of the team that need the most work: DBs and DEs and perhaps special teams. None are playing near conference honors levels.

Hardly have to say much about the secondary of course and the DEs are just not getting a good pass rush and not nearly enough sacks, etc.

I know many are happy with our special teams play on this board but I still feel like we are not 'winning' the special teams. I maintain if we were, we'd have at least a couple more wins and things would look much better in the big picture. We are not winning the field position game and this puts great strain on the defense and the offense both, having less field to defend and more field to traverse.

Field goal kicking is at 65% (not all conference or even mentionable). Our punter is doing very well but I am not sure he is 'all conference' at this point. Kick offs are OK. Coverage is average. Returns are poor, except for perhaps one punt return so far all season. No points scored in the kicking game except field goals. No blocked kicks as I recall either (on either side).

I would say Williams has done the best job. Teaching our fairly young or inexperienced group of WR's a new more complex scheme and having them perform at a high level is awesome. He has also got Morgan ready to make an impact as a true frosh.

I like what Bray has done but it is hard to judge bc our LB's jobs are so much easier than it was in the prior system. We literally have 9 guys in the box and 2 beastly DT's eating up most the interior blockers. You should be making just about every tackle on defense. On coverage they are simple underneath droppers or they are snugging up to the backs out of the backfield. I think production for those guys have gone up but it has come at the expense of covering people.

Worst is easy to say Coach Stewart. They DB's play is hesitant and they are giving up a bazillion yards through the air, but they are also the most vulnerable of all the position groups on defense.

It's Bray and it really isn't close. A group that was the question mark heading into the year, hit hard by injury and yet have been possibly the best unit on the field every Saturday. Add to it his relentless and avid recruiting and we could have a good on for the foreseeable future

This is the correct answer.

As to who is the worst, of course most are saying Stewart because our pass defense is god awful. But I am going to give him a bit of a pass as it could just be a really bad scheme.