Some good numbers to look at from Hail Varsity

NUinID

Northwestern’s defense, however, is first nationally in not giving those plays up, allowing just 10 passing plays of 20-plus yards this season. Much like last week, there’s plenty of enticement here for Nebraska to run the ball often on Saturday. Speaking of which…

4.95 – Sack-adjusted yards per carry allowed by Northwestern’s defense against FBS opponents. That ranks 68th nationally and second-to-last in the Big Ten West (Purdue is worse). Nebraska’s offense is averaging 5.87 sack-adjusted yards per carry against FBS teams this season, tops in the division, second in the Big Ten and 16th nationally.

So, They are not allowing deep passes and have been allowing lots of yards per carry. Sounds good to me.

Northwestern’s defense, however, is first nationally in not giving those plays up, allowing just 10 passing plays of 20-plus yards this season. Much like last week, there’s plenty of enticement here for Nebraska to run the ball often on Saturday. Speaking of which…

4.95 – Sack-adjusted yards per carry allowed by Northwestern’s defense against FBS opponents. That ranks 68th nationally and second-to-last in the Big Ten West (Purdue is worse). Nebraska’s offense is averaging 5.87 sack-adjusted yards per carry against FBS teams this season, tops in the division, second in the Big Ten and 16th nationally.

So, They are not allowing deep passes and have been allowing lots of yards per carry. Sounds good to me.

I believe that would be correct. Nebraska doesn't really throw deep all that often. If you watched the Iowa game they just ran NW over. I think Nebraska can do this also.

Northwesterns defense, however, is first nationally in not giving those plays up, allowing just 10 passing plays of 20-plus yards this season. Much like last week, theres plenty of enticement here for Nebraska to run the ball often on Saturday. Speaking of which

4.95 Sack-adjusted yards per carry allowed by Northwesterns defense against FBS opponents. That ranks 68th nationally and second-to-last in the Big Ten West (Purdue is worse). Nebraskas offense is averaging 5.87 sack-adjusted yards per carry against FBS teams this season, tops in the division, second in the Big Ten and 16th nationally.

I believe that would be correct. Nebraska doesn't really throw deep all that often. If you watched the Iowa game they just ran NW over. I think Nebraska can do this also.

Banker mentioned NW's speed at DE and Outside LB. I wonder if using their speed against them would work? As in screens and reverses. Or, we can just use our size on the line to punch Jano up the gut all game.

Haven't researched, but what kind of Defense does NW play? Looking at these numbers I would say they play alot of 2 deep, Tampa 2 type stuff.