Season Record

Well th

When was the last time we lost 8 in a season?

Pete Elliot face in 1957 guided the husker a to a 1-9 season. Glen Powell went 3-7 back in the 30's.

Well, that is a big relief. At least we won't have to go back into the World War II era to find a record we haven't surpassed (or perhaps that is not the correct word for doing worse than?)

As the say, records are made to be broken! I guess it is a good time to reboot and start all the records over again anew! Husker fans have been living in the past for way too many decades now. Five decades of winning football had to end. Now we can start over. I suppose we should start by changing the school's name and colors and the team nickname and logos and etc. This will immediately stimulate massive sales of all new Husker gear and so on. I think we should consider a modern name such as the "Prairie Chickens" or Squirrels or perhaps something more 'intimidating (assuming that is not too politically incorrect nowadays?) such as the Farmers or recognize our new found interest in high academic achievement by choosing the name 'the Students".

What say all of you?

Time to take the patches off the front of the jerseys, suspend the blackshirt tradition unless and until it is earned and I would remove players' names from the back until they play like a team.

i am afraid all they know, is what they been taught....that sh#t won't make anyone a better player.

You have a good point. My feeling is if we tell them they are a powerful defense in the tradition of the Blackshirts of old, then we are validating their mediocrity. In a sense we are saying that we are content with how they are playing and willing to reward them for it. Same thing with the patches, it's like participation trophies and orange slices...it's ok guys, we still think of you as champions despite not having won a thing in forever. The names is just an attempt to make them think and play like a team again. That's all. None of that will literally change anything, except maybe the attitude that they play with. Maybe that is enough to start to reverse the trend.

We have to beat Purdue, Rutgers, and Iowa to reach a bowl.

If we can do that, and win the bowl, and not get wiped off the field by Michigan State, there's things to build on here. 7 wins including the bad luck / heartbreakers.

Unfortunately, the margin for error is zero. Drop one against those 3 and it's over, no matter how close. Not even a bowl. That's the way the cookie crumbles.