Time to re-evaluate our Athletic Directors job

Why do people think an AD needs to be fired if one of his hires doesn't pan out? Does your company fire it's HR manager every time one of his/her hires doesn't work out? Of course not.

The whinging on this board is reaching epic proportions.

This could be the worst husker season, uh, ever? THAT'S epic. Epically bad.

And how does that adversely affect your personal life?

Years of shoddy recruiting have lead us to this point in time. We have some talent on this team and it's almost all on the first team. Look what happens when a starter goes down. Fyfe came in today and threw for almost 400 yards but he also threw 4 interceptions and had several other passes almost picked off. There is a pretty big gap between most of our starters and their backups. There are lots of reasons why the Huskers are 3-6 so far this season, part of that is on the coaches, even Riley agrees with that.

This program needs to be rebuilt, years of neglect and abuse have caught up.

We were one of only three teams to win at least 9 games every year from '08-'14. Things were never as bleak as you paint them except for the 5 seasons under the replacements for our fired 9 win coaches.

Plus, as I've repeatedly said before, there was the option of improving our 9-3 team. North Carolina has a WAY better defense this year under a revamped staff. Their secondary coach is Warren. Their LB-coach is Papuchis. They brought in Gene Chizik to run the D. That could have easily been us. There was a choice other than accepting the rut we were stuck in or rolling the dice on Riley. We could be having a very good season now with a couple of staffing upgrades.

Why do people think an AD needs to be fired if one of his hires doesn't pan out? Does your company fire it's HR manager every time one of his/her hires doesn't work out? Of course not.

The whinging on this board is reaching epic proportions.

We just lost to Purdont dude. We have hit bottom once again.

If your company HR hires a ceo that destroys your company, you bet your áss the HR gets his papers
I don't think certain people have ever worked a management level job. Otherwise, they couldn't possibly harbor these thoughts.

Way to succinctly put that garbage line to rest.

Actually, I have worked in management. I have also owned my own business. I also know to NOT let the inmates run the asylum. And you guys are the inmates right now.

What was your market cap?

It's time to let the adults run things. And adults would scrap this admin immediately.

Actually, adults would sit down and talk about all the pros and cons in a logical and rational manner. And there are not to many adults on this board.

Please identify any and all 'pros' of being blown out by Purdue, a team who hadn't won a Big 10 home game in 3 years and whose only other win this year was over Indiana State, who is not an FBS team.

BTW we are back at #128/128 in pass defense...after playing Purdue...