Time to re-evaluate our Athletic Directors job

Why do people think an AD needs to be fired if one of his hires doesn't pan out? Does your company fire it's HR manager every time one of his/her hires doesn't work out? Of course not.

The whinging on this board is reaching epic proportions.

We just lost to Purdont dude. We have hit bottom once again.

If your company HR hires a ceo that destroys your company, you bet your áss the HR gets his papers

• Fire 1

Why do people think an AD needs to be fired if one of his hires doesn't pan out? Does your company fire it's HR manager every time one of his/her hires doesn't work out? Of course not.

If your company HR hires a ceo that destroys your company, you bet your áss the HR gets his papers

I don't think certain people have ever worked a management level job. Otherwise, they couldn't possibly harbor these thoughts.

Way to succinctly put that garbage line to rest.

The difference is in magnitude and weight. You're suggesting an HR manager making "one of his/her hires", and it turning out poorly, is the equivalent of an athletic director hiring the head football coach at one of the most storied, respected, and well-funded football programs in the country, and that hire not turning out.

Very different circumstances. You could make a list of the most important jobs in this state and NU's head football coach would be Top 5. That's not a place you can make a hire and casually not let it "work out."

The AD's number one job at the University of Nebraska is the sustained success of the football program, and that means having the right head coach in place. The baseball, basketball and volleyball programs are nice, but they're not what makes the department tick.

The AD hired this man in less than one week. Its all on him.

• Fire 2

The difference is in magnitude and weight. You're suggesting an HR manager making "one of his/her hires", and it turning out poorly, is the equivalent of an athletic director hiring the head football coach at one of the most storied, respected, and well-funded football programs in the country, and that hire not turning out.

Very different circumstances. You could make a list of the most important jobs in this state and NU's head football coach would be Top 5. That's not a place you can make a hire and casually not let it "work out."

The AD's number one job at the University of Nebraska is the sustained success of the football program, and that means having the right head coach in place. The baseball, basketball

and volleyball programs are nice, but they're not what makes the department tick.

1. Hr managers dont hire people. They are facilitators. Departmental managers make hiring decisons. 2. Comparing a run of the mill hiring decision to the nebraska head football coach is disingenuous at best. Thats comparing apples to elephants. Just a dumb comment.

And if he would have taken longer you would have bitched because it took him to long to find a new coach while recruiting time was slipping away.

And if he would have taken longer you would have bitched because it took him to long to find a new coach while recruiting time was slipping away.

You are truly the ultimate apologist.

Do you really think you're right here or so you refuse to admit you've been wrong?

The AD's number one job at the University of Nebraska is the sustained success of the football program, and that means having the right head coach in place. The baseball, basketball

and volleyball programs are nice, but they're not what makes the department tick.

1. Hr managers dont hire people. They are facilitators. Departmental managers make hiring decisons. 2. Comparing a run of the mill hiring decision to the nebraska head football coach is disingenuous at best. Thats comparing apples to elephants. Just a dumb comment.

Actually, a lot of HR managers DO hire people. And you folks have no idea what I am talking about. I'm not talking about hiring Jane Does off the street for menial tasks.

I've watched the process to find/hire new store managers for Wal-Mart. District HR managers and (and another district manager, I forget the exact title atm) make the decisions on who is going to be the next store manager. This is a huge decision that can affect many things in how the store is run including the profitability of that store. When a store manager doesn't work out, the people who hired him/her don't get fired, they simply do another search and hire someone else they feel will get the job done.

You are truly the ultimate apologist.

Do you really think you're right here or so you refuse to admit you've been wrong?

What am I wrong about Mr. I'm the Ultimate Authority on Nebraska Football? And what did I apologize for?

Actually, a lot of HR managers DO hire people. And you folks have no idea what I am talking about. I'm not talking about hiring Jane Does off the street for menial tasks.

I've watched the process to find/hire new store managers for Wal-Mart. District HR managers and (and another district manager, I forget the exact title atm) make the decisions on who is going to be the next store manager. This is a huge decision that can affect many things in how the store is run including the profitability of that store. When a store manager doesn't work out, the people who hired him/her don't get fired, they simply do another search and hire someone else they feel will get the job done.

Frankly, you're wrong about most hr managers.

And if Walmart let's their poor upper management continue doing a poor job, I'll be divesting my position.

I don't think certain people have ever worked a management level job. Otherwise, they couldn't possibly harbor these thoughts.

Actually, I have worked in management. I have also owned my own business. I also know to NOT let the inmates run the asylum. And you guys are the inmates right now.

And if Walmart let's their poor upper management continue doing a poor job, I'll be divesting my position.

Actually, no I'm not. Every company I've worked for the HR managers make hiring decisions every day.

Actually, no I'm not. Every company I've worked for the HR managers make hiring decisions every day.

For c level executive leadership? Are you insane.

The entire analogy is silly. Pederhorst isn't an HR manager.

Actually, I have worked in management. I have also owned my own business. I also know to NOT let the inmates run the asylum. And you guys are the inmates right now.

What was your market cap?

It's time to let the adults run things. And adults would scrap this admin immediately.

For c level executive leadership? Are you insane.

The entire analogy is silly. Pederhorst isn't an HR manager.

Who is Pederhorst? Calling people names does not give you any credibility.