Gangwish post game

No wonder the team has/had an "us against the world" mentality. They read crap like this after they have done something respectful.

They had that (past tense, Gangwish is a captain and a leader and his actions are speaking volumes. *Some* captains at least are setting the same tone the coaches are trying to instill here) because the previous coach fed and encouraged it. Not only from his players, but from the fans. Playing part of the fanbase off the other is Bo's M.O. He saw it as sticking up for his players, but really it was a woeful lack of leadership on display from the head man.

I don't think this team is 100% there. How can they be? A captain from last year was taking potshots at fans for not being happy with Bo as recently as last week. It's deep.

But you know what, these new coaches get it about the expectations. They see it as passion and embrace the high standards. Gangwish gets it. I can't appreciate that enough about these guys...now go and win some games.

I've went from skeptical of Gangwish to a big fan this year. He gives it his every second out there. Now physically gifted wise do I think he should be a #1 DE? No. But I'd take 11 of him out there...on and off the field.

Part of the problem is I think we do have 11 of him (exaggerating, of course). There are reasons why this team makes the kind of mistakes more seasoned teams with more talented players all around do not make -- and reasons why even against Purdue or Northwestern, all of a sudden you find yourself in a situation where you are fighting uphill to recover. And you don't have the dogs to make it.

Aside from Lewis incidents early in the year, I think everyone has conducted themselves very fittingly. This has not been a year of admonishing fans on social media or coaches quipping, "Who has a good relationship with the fans?" It's been the opposite on that front, and I think we have to appreciate that about this year's team. And if a few seconds had gone other ways, they wouldn't be in quite this predicament (although this still wouldn't be a good team).

• Fire 1

Believe it or not, I am going to give props to Alex Lewis as well for making a diving shoestring tackle on the guy who scooped up Fyfe's fumble. I haven't been his biggest fan, but I give credit for a guy hustling and making an effort on that play that many players wouldn't try for fear that they might not make it and look foolish.

• Fire 2

I've went from skeptical of Gangwish to a big fan this year. He gives it his every second out there. Now physically gifted wise do I think he should be a #1 DE? No. But I'd take 11 of him out there...on and off the field.

im still skeptical of his abilities but i never doubted him as a person. And True. Hopefully if this program ever does get back to doing special things, Jack would be the first invited back to help celebrate it
  • Fire 1

im still skeptical of his abilities but i never doubted him as a person. And True. Hopefully if this program ever does get back to doing special things, Jack would be the first invited back to help celebrate it

Guys like this is what made Nebraska a powerhouse football program. Riley needs to keep finding more of them and get them on the field. A unit is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Guys like this is what made Nebraska a powerhouse football program. Riley needs to keep finding more of them and get them on the field. A unit is only as strong as it's weakest link.
No!!! Riley or whomever the coach is needs to find the biggest, baddest, and most talented group of players that he can find. I don't want the team to depend on a bunch of "plucky" walk-ons who are great examples to a lot of kids across the state of Nebraska.

I'll tell you right now, Gangwish is not just an average player. He would start at a lot of D1 programs. Maybe doesn't have the sacks but has a lot of hurries and would have a lot more if db's could cover. Unfortunately, opposing qb's are able to get the ball out quick because receivers are always open. It's a team sport. D line struggles when dbs can't cover at least for a short time.