Mark Banker's Quarterback Valhalla

Mavric

Came to the thread wondering which opponents trolling fan created this thread.

It was a "Husker fan" and a Huskerboard Moderator nonetheless...... :facepalm:

Remember, when you created a thread called Bo Pelini's QB graveyard, you were applauding his players in their effort and execution of his scheme in destroying an opponents statistics.

When you create a Banker QB valhalla thread, you get to point out how incredibly sh**ty the Blackshirts look. So some of you same guys, don't be going around the board in other threads crying when people are questioning the effort and talent of the players on this team. This thread is dedicated to showing the lack of both.

Unless of course you believe that football is all coaching and nothing else.

I hope sometime down the road Banker and the Blackshirts are able to get the desired results and we can end the days of celebrating an opponents successes against our own defense because it validates our agenda against a coaching staff.

Remember, when you created a thread called Bo Pelini's QB graveyard, you were applauding his players in their effort and execution of his scheme in destroying an opponents statistics.

When you create a Banker QB valhalla thread, you get to point out how incredibly sh**ty the Blackshirts look. So some of you same guys, don't be going around the board in other threads crying when people are questioning the effort and talent of the players on this team. This thread is dedicated to showing the lack of both.

I hope sometime down the road Banker and the Blackshirts are able to get the desired results and we can end the days of celebrating an opponents successes against our own defense because it validates our agenda against a coaching staff.

So should we ignore that we're dead last in pass defense?

I've really got to know, when you read my comment, what specifically gave you the impression that I was saying we should "ignore that we're dead last in pass defense"? Seriously, I have to know because that is just unbelievable.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

I've really got to know, when you read my comment, what specifically gave you the impression that I was saying we should "ignore that we're dead last in pass defense"? Seriously, I have to know because that is just unbelievable.

What's truly unbelievable is how you continue to blindly defend these coaches like they are all knowing and can fix this. They can't. Banker has a history of putting up terrible defenses and we're seeing it again this year. Halfway through the season we should at least see SOME progress, we aren't at all. In fact the defense is only getting worse. We returned most of our secondary from last year, and suddenly went from 25th to 128th in pass defense. How is that not coaching? Not one post in this thread is criticizing the effort and talent level of our team, something you've been doing constantly in other threads. We are pointing out the obvious that Banker is a terrible defensive coordinator.

• Fire 1

You have a very...Soviet view of this topic.

What's truly unbelievable is how you continue to blindly defend these coaches like they are all knowing and can fix this. They can't. Banker has a history of putting up terrible defenses and we're seeing it again this year. Halfway through the season we should at least see SOME progress, we aren't at all. In fact the defense is only getting worse. We returned most of our secondary from last year, and suddenly went from 25th to 128th in pass defense. How is that not coaching? Not one post in this thread is criticizing the effort and talent level of our team, something you've been doing constantly in other threads. We are pointing out the obvious that Banker is a terrible defensive coordinator.

So you didn't answer my question. Okay, anyways......

I've never once said this staff is all knowing or can fix this. I've said they deserve a chance at trying to. While in fact things have been ugly, unlike many of you I'm not sure how much of the ugliness I can attribute to the coaching staff yet.

I constantly challenge people here to show me a play where a player was not in position to make the play. There are examples, sure. But for every one example you can show me, I can show you ten more that we do have a player in great position to make the play, and we just aren't doing it.

Ten months into this hire, I just can't blame Banker for his players not executing his scheme. They aren't his players, and they obviously aren't comfortable in the scheme. While we all loved hearing that these coaches would come here and implement a scheme that "fit" the talent on hand, we need to realize that these guys didn't come here to coach Bo Pelini's and Tim Beck's schemes. They have their own ways of doing things too. It's hard to abandon everything you know in an attempt to force things to work. I'd really like to see them find a few pieces to plug into what they would actually like to do.

You have a very...Soviet view of this topic.

Soviet_Star_Wall_Paper_by_spectravideo.p

• Fire 1

I've never once said this staff is all knowing or can fix this. I've said they deserve a chance at trying to. While in fact things have been ugly, unlike many of you I'm not sure how much of the ugliness I can attribute to the coaching staff yet.

I constantly challenge people here to show me a play where a player was not in position to make the play. There are examples, sure. But for every one example you can show me, I can show you ten more that we do have a player in great position to make the play, and we just aren't doing it.

Ten months into this hire, I just can't blame Banker for his players not executing his scheme. They aren't his players, and they obviously aren't comfortable in the scheme. While we all loved hearing that these coaches would come here and implement a scheme that "fit" the talent on hand, we need to realize that these guys didn't come here to coach Bo Pelini's and Tim Beck's schemes. They have their own ways of doing things too. It's hard to abandon everything you know in an attempt to force things to work. I'd really like to see them find a few pieces to plug into what they would actually like to do.

They came in saying they wouldn't let schemes get in the way of wins.....that's exactly what they've done all season. Sorry, but I've had to deal with Riley and the gang once before as a Charger fan. I didn't like what I saw then, and I'm definitely not liking what I see now. Defense isn't THIS difficult to teach. There's no reason we should have a defense that ranks 108th especially with the offenses we've played.

• Fire 1

They came in saying they wouldn't let schemes get in the way of wins.....that's exactly what they've done all season. Sorry, but I've had to deal with Riley and the gang once before as a Charger fan. I didn't like what I saw then, and I'm definitely not liking what I see now. Defense isn't THIS difficult to teach. There's no reason we should have a defense that ranks 108th especially with the offenses we've played.

I don't think he's having a hard time teaching it. I think we are having a hard time executing it. Our blitzes do not get to the QB enough. We have some lane breakdowns in the front seven, and typically very bad timing for some breakdowns. Our defensive backs are used to being a bit spoiled and are now being challenged and while many Defensive Backs are of the mindset in which they love the challenge of being on an island, we actually had a DB coach in the past say that we very much lack that type of player in our backfield. Now, I realize the "get punched and punch back" comments were a little while back in our history, but just watching the games, it looks like when we get beat on a big play, we seem to fit that profile of not always fighting back.

I don't think he's having a hard time teaching it. I think we are having a hard time executing it. Our blitzes do not get to the QB enough. We have some lane breakdowns in the front seven, and typically very bad timing for some breakdowns. Our defensive backs are used to being a bit spoiled and are now being challenged and while many Defensive Backs are of the mindset in which they love the challenge of being on an island, we actually had a DB coach in the past say that we very much lack that type of player in our backfield. Now, I realize the "get punched and punch back" comments were a little while back in our history, but just watching the games, it looks like when we get beat on a big play, we seem to fit that profile of not always fighting back.

I would be happy to give Banker time if he had been successful in the past. Banker was the most disappointing hire made by MR IMO. He has never been successful. I do not understand why MR hired him. If MR really wanted to go out on top and win a championship he should have pursued the top DCs in the game. Instead he chose a proven loser. But at this point, I don't want Banker fired unless MR is fired. It is highly likely that MR will not finish his contract. If another DC is hired, then we even have more ex coaches on the payroll.