Problem Identified!!!

This again. We'll see this all the time now... I swear, some of you guys...

So write your regents, and tell them. Let them know how you feel. In fact, let me get this started for you guys:

"Dear Regent Dude,

I'm a football fan. I go to a few games and buy a few t-shirts, so I am entitled to tell you what to do with a Chancellor of a whole University system that is more complex than just the football team. The complex nature of the whole University is nothing compared to the complex nature of a buck sweep play. I mean, come on, two pulling guards, a cracking tight end AND a leading H-back blocking... That's pretty darn complex... I mean, they have to create a running lane! Anyway, listen, we're not that good at football this year. I actually cannot pin point exactly why, but I'm gonna place this all on Harvey Perlman. Listen, I get that he did some things to get enrollment up, and built some new facilities for real students and partnered with the city, county, and state to get some stuff done, while in the process help the City of Lincoln become a more viable and attractive city for employees and their employers. But FOOTBALL!

This dude's gotta go... It may not be financially beneficial to the University of Nebraska, which would in turn, be taking money from the tax payers of this state and possibly raising tuition higher for the other 25,000 or so students at the University who take out loans and pay their way to get a degree, but come on. FOOTBALL!

In conclusion, I just wanted to say:

FOOTBALL.

Sincerely,

An angry fan."

• Fire 1

So write your regents, and tell them. Let them know how you feel. In fact, let me get this started for you guys:

"Dear Regent Dude,

I'm a football fan. I go to a few games and buy a few t-shirts, so I am entitled to tell you what to do with a Chancellor of a whole University system that is more complex than just the football team. The complex nature of the whole University is nothing compared to the complex nature of a buck sweep play. I mean, come on, two pulling guards, a cracking tight end AND a leading H-back blocking... That's pretty darn complex... I mean, they have to create a running lane! Anyway, listen, we're not that good at football this year. I actually cannot pin point exactly why, but I'm gonna place this all on Harvey Perlman. Listen, I get that he did some things to get enrollment up, and built some new facilities for real students and partnered with the city, county, and state to get some stuff done, while in the process help the City of Lincoln become a more viable and attractive city for employees and their employers. But FOOTBALL!

This dude's gotta go... It may not be financially beneficial to the University of Nebraska, which would in turn, be taking money from the tax payers of this state and possibly raising tuition higher for the other 25,000 or so students at the University who take out loans and pay their way to get a degree, but come on. FOOTBALL!

FOOTBALL.

Sincerely,

An angry fan."

Seems about right. Except you did not mention football enough.

• Fire 1

and built some new facilities for real students

Former Husker Rob Zatechka and his 4.0 GPA in pre-med begs an further explanation as to what you mean by "real students"...wait, that's DOCTOR Zatechka to you (and me)... As for the other 320 Academic All Americans appearing on Husker teams, as well as those that got a degree while traveling, playing, and practicing, your sarcasm comes off more as a smug, false premise based on stereotyping.

Hooray. Another thread full of idiots who think football is the most important thing about a university.

The football program is self-sustaining. That's great. They spend as much as they bring in. What that doesn't mean is that it provides any $ for anything else. There are other things this university does. Like, say, provide education and do lots of important research.

• Fire 1

Take a look at the timeline and you will see this all started with the hiring of HP in 2000/2001. We must patiently wait for this cancer to go away in July of 2016.

ppl can say what they want. But hes the absolute one and only constant dating back to when this steady, slow, torturous, fall to irrelevance began. This is not suggesting he purposefully did anything. Sometimes incompetence speaks for itself. But regardless, the fact i just explained is beyond coincidence to me.

Hooray. Another thread full of idiots who think football is the most important thing about a university.

The football program is self-sustaining. That's great. They spend as much as they bring in. What that doesn't mean is that it provides any $ for anything else. There are other things this university does. Like, say, provide education and do lots of important research.

We should just get rid of the football program then. Heck just get rid of all sports.

• Fire 1

"Dear Regent Dude,

FOOTBALL.

Sincerely,

An angry fan."

the football program generates 75 million a year. So yea football.

We should just get rid of the football program then. Heck just get rid of all sports.

We should just completely miss points of posts and also live in a black and white world.

• Fire 1

"Dear Regent Dude,

FOOTBALL.

Sincerely,

An angry fan."

Again, the football program is self-sustaining, which is great. But it's constantly spending almost as much as it generates. Part of that goes to employees so that's a really good part of it. As far as I know none of the money from football supports anything outside of the athletic department. It's still not even close to the most important thing about the university and should not be Perlman's priority.

• Fire 1

"Dear Regent Dude,

FOOTBALL.

Sincerely,

An angry fan."

Again, the football program is self-sustaining, which is great. But it's constantly spending almost as much as it generates. Part of that goes to employees so that's a really good part of it. As far as I know none of the money from football supports anything outside of the athletic department. It's still not even close to the most important thing about the university and should not be Perlman's priority.

:facepalm:

• Fire 1

We should just completely miss points of posts and also live in a black and white world.

No offense but I got as far as your first sentence.

"Dear Regent Dude,

FOOTBALL.

Sincerely,

An angry fan."

:facepalm:

:facepalm: right back at you.

Football might be the most important thing about the university to the majority of people who post here. But it's not the most important thing about the university.

• Fire 1

Because football is the most important thing about the University of Nebraska to you.

Because football is the most important thing about the University of Nebraska to you.

This is getting weird.