But Riley is a nice guy....Bulls**t!

Well, I still think he's a nice guy. He's not screwing us with his buddies on purpose or maliciously. He probably thinks they're good at what they do. He would just be wrong and that makes him inept not the a-hole you portray him as. Might be a case of some misdirected anger. Might be time to relax a bit.

Explain the lies. He said he wasn't going to force his system on these players. So explain the 50+ passes a game. He's an A-hole. He doesn't care what anyone thinks or says, he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong. There is no misdirected anger. I'm not angry at him. I'm just tired of being told something that's not true. I bought all the nice guy crap at first, I wanted to believe it, but he's not a nice guy, he just plays one on TV.

It's been a while since I've heard anyone talk about Osborne that poorly.....

Well, I still think he's a nice guy. He's not screwing us with his buddies on purpose or maliciously. He probably thinks they're good at what they do. He would just be wrong and that makes him inept not the a-hole you portray him as. Might be a case of some misdirected anger. Might be time to relax a bit.

Explain the lies. He said he wasn't going to force his system on these players. So explain the 50+ passes a game. He's an A-hole. He doesn't care what anyone thinks or says, he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong. There is no misdirected anger. I'm not angry at him. I'm just tired of being told something that's not true. I bought all the nice guy crap at first, I wanted to believe it, but he's not a nice guy, he just plays one on TV.

Easy. Those aren't lies, he just doesn't know how to do the job better. They think they can't run the ball so they throw it 50 times. They legitimately think they are doing the right things. Not lies. Not malicious. Not an ahole. Just extremely over matched for the job at hand. Might seem passable in a place like Corvalis with a lot lower expectations but not here. I like the guy, I really do and hope he can get it turned around. But my brain tells me that just ain't gonna happen. His loyalty to Banker and Langsdorf will be his undoing. No need to demonize the guy or start a hate fest. He is just out if his league. And I hope he proves me wrong about that.

• Fire 2

It's been a while since I've heard anyone talk about Osborne that poorly.....

Haha, you think you got me huh? Osborn is not a mere coach. You can't compare Osborne to people like Riley or any other coach... Osborne is God.

• Fire 1

We can only hope Riley is such a nice guy he realizes this isnt the place for him and he resigns after this year.

He has got to know if he is retained next year is going to be worse as far as hot seat and critical dislike from the fans. Because next year given all the other new positions, you can justify firing him. Next year is going to be even more scrutinzed for Riley.

Hope he realizes that and just leaves town come December.

The biggest plays made this season for the most part have been a scrambling TA unloading the ball to the strength of this team, the wideouts. Now we could literally continue to try to run the to holes that may open and not be found, or not open at all. Any way you look at it this year has been inconsistent and that comes from coaching change. Throw in some bad luck, some poor decisions (remember Tommy was told to run), and a boatload of injuries to key players on an already depleted roster and this is what we have. Riley's not an ahole, the last guy was. He is trying to play to the few strenghs this team has right now. All things considered for the most part these kids have continued to fight, learn on the fly, and lay it on the line for your enjoyment. With a post like that, you sir, are well...

• Fire 1

Easy. Those aren't lies, he just doesn't know how to do the job better. They think they can't run the ball so they throw it 50 times. They legitimately think they are doing the right things. Not lies. Not malicious. Not an ahole. Just extremely over matched for the job at hand. Might seem passable in a place like Corvalis with a lot lower expectations but not here. I like the guy, I really do and hope he can get it turned around. But my brain tells me that just ain't gonna happen. His loyalty to Banker and Langsdorf will be his undoing. No need to demonize the guy or start a hate fest. He is just out if his league. And I hope he proves me wrong about that.

I want Nebraska to win. I agree with that. If he goes 12-0 next year I will sing his praises. But, I will still have my opinion that the whole "nice guy" persona is just an image for the cameras. I agree that what he does isn't to screw Nebraska fans, but he has no loyalty to Nebraska fans and no real concern for us either. And since he's wasting a tremendous amount of our money on these incompetent coaches (and he would have to be mentally retarded not to know they are incompetent), it shows that he is more concerned with his buddies' well being than the fans who are paying his salary. I think that makes him an A-hole. He knew Banker was bad at OSU and he could have hired any number of good D-coordinators, hell Ed Orgeron was practically begging to come to Nebraska, but Noooooo, he went with his buddy Banker, to the detriment of Nebraska fans everywhere. Not a good guy.

The biggest plays made this season for the most part have been a scrambling TA unloading the ball to the strength of this team, the wideouts. Now we could literally continue to try to run the to holes that may open and not be found, or not open at all. Any way you look at it this year has been inconsistent and that comes from coaching change. Throw in some bad luck, some poor decisions (remember Tommy was told to run), and a boatload of injuries to key players on an already depleted roster and this is what we have. Riley's not an ahole, the last guy was. He is trying to play to the few strenghs this team has right now. All things considered for the most part these kids have continued to fight, learn on the fly, and lay it on the line for your enjoyment. With a post like that, you sir, are well...

What, I don't believe the media image that is being sold to me by some guy who gets in front of the camera and tells me one thing and then goes out and does the exact opposite. Okay, you enjoy that Kool Aid

Really getting tired of people getting hung up on Riley being a nice guy. I live in Oregon, so I have been familiar with Riley as a coach for a while, and I can't remember his niceness ever being such a topic as it is in Nebraska.

It's what Husker fans (the Rilievers) resort to when it comes to overlooking his track record. No one (at least the Rilievers) talks about that so they instead immediately talk about how 'nice' of a guy' he is.

Of course you don't want some mega a$$hole representing your program but the whole niceness description is nauseating and got old within the first week he was hired.

• Fire 4

I honestly haven't heard anyone who still supports Riley bring up the nice guy thing. Only people who tend to use that are people who are bashing him.

People who still support him will point to the fact that it is refreshing to have someone not blowing a gasket on national TV every week and has brought some maturity back to the program. Nothing in that statement says anything about being "nice".

Really don't get the point of the different "bash Riley" threads that seem to pop up every day despite the board already being filled with a ton of topics during just that.

jump-the-shark.jpg

• Fire 2

What, I don't believe the media image that is being sold to me by some guy who gets in front of the camera and tells me one thing and then goes out and does the exact opposite. Okay, you enjoy that Kool Aid

No kool aid here bud. Look I don't agree with everything he or the coaching staff has done but damn, get real. If you left your home and took another job which included overlooking 130 young adults you didn't know, being scrutinized by millions of fans and grilled by media on a weekly basis while trying to attract top kids to come to play their college football careers here I would be intrigued to see how you hold up. Honestly I think he's done pretty well from that aspect. We have a huge recruiting weekend this weekend and in the midst of all this the guy has respectfully answered all questions thrown his way, and still has to try and convince young adults he will still be here to coach them due to the impatience of the fan base.

I honestly haven't heard anyone who still supports Riley bring up the nice guy thing. Only people who tend to use that are people who are bashing him.

People who still support him will point to the fact that it is refreshing to have someone not blowing a gasket on national TV every week and has brought some maturity back to the program. Nothing in that statement says anything about being "nice".

Really don't get the point of the different "bash Riley" threads that seem to pop up every day despite the board already being filled with a ton of topics during just that.

jump-the-shark.jpg

I don't see the point of complaining about the topic of the thread that you choose to read. When I don't like the topics of threads on this board I just move on to the next one.

No kool aid here bud. Look I don't agree with everything he or the coaching staff has done but damn, get real. If you left your home and took another job which included overlooking 130 young adults you didn't know, being scrutinized by millions of fans and grilled by media on a weekly basis while trying to attract top kids to come to play their college football careers here I would be intrigued to see how you hold up. Honestly I think he's done pretty well from that aspect. We have a huge recruiting weekend this weekend and in the midst of all this the guy has respectfully answered all questions thrown his way, and still has to try and convince young adults he will still be here to coach them due to the impatience of the fan base.

I have gotten real. Are you suggesting that he had no idea how bad a coach Mark Banker was when he hired him to come be the D-coordinator? Because if he didn't, he was the only one in Corvallis that didn't. But yet, he passed on many very good defensive coaches and stuck us with his pal regardless of how bad a coach he is. I don't give a crap how "respectfully he answered all questions thrown his way". The problem is that he didn't give a s**t about Nebraska, at least not as much as he cared about his cronies. And now our Huskers are stuck with a horrible defensive coordinator because he is Riley's boy. That's one of the main reason's I think he's an A-hole.

• Fire 3

I have gotten real. Are you suggesting that he had no idea how bad a coach Mark Banker was when he hired him to come be the D-coordinator? Because if he didn't, he was the only one in Corvallis that didn't. But yet, he passed on many very good defensive coaches and stuck us with his pal regardless of how bad a coach he is. I don't give a crap how "respectfully he answered all questions thrown his way". The problem is that he didn't give a s**t about Nebraska, at least not as much as he cared about his cronies. And now our Huskers are stuck with a horrible defensive coordinator because he is Riley's boy. That's one of the main reason's I think he's an A-hole.

This is the same defense that had the players excited with how easy it was to learn...the basics. As more has been added more confusion has ensued. It happens when learn a new scheme. Throw in not having cohesion with injuries to basically the whole front seven and you have what we've seen. Inconsistent play.