But Riley is a nice guy....Bulls**t!

The biggest plays made this season for the most part have been a scrambling TA unloading the ball to the strength of this team, the wideouts. Now we could literally continue to try to run the to holes that may open and not be found, or not open at all. Any way you look at it this year has been inconsistent and that comes from coaching change. Throw in some bad luck, some poor decisions (remember Tommy was told to run), and a boatload of injuries to key players on an already depleted roster and this is what we have. Riley's not an ahole, the last guy was. He is trying to play to the few strenghs this team has right now. All things considered for the most part these kids have continued to fight, learn on the fly, and lay it on the line for your enjoyment. With a post like that, you sir, are well...

What, I don't believe the media image that is being sold to me by some guy who gets in front of the camera and tells me one thing and then goes out and does the exact opposite. Okay, you enjoy that Kool Aid
No kool aid here bud. Look I don't agree with everything he or the coaching staff has done but damn, get real. If you left your home and took another job which included overlooking 130 young adults you didn't know, being scrutinized by millions of fans and grilled by media on a weekly basis while trying to attract top kids to come to play their college football careers here I would be intrigued to see how you hold up. Honestly I think he's done pretty well from that aspect. We have a huge recruiting weekend this weekend and in the midst of all this the guy has respectfully answered all questions thrown his way, and still has to try and convince young adults he will still be here to coach them due to the impatience of the fan base.

I have gotten real. Are you suggesting that he had no idea how bad a coach Mark Banker was when he hired him to come be the D-coordinator? Because if he didn't, he was the only one in Corvallis that didn't. But yet, he passed on many very good defensive coaches and stuck us with his pal regardless of how bad a coach he is. I don't give a crap how "respectfully he answered all questions thrown his way". The problem is that he didn't give a s**t about Nebraska, at least not as much as he cared about his cronies. And now our Huskers are stuck with a horrible defensive coordinator because he is Riley's boy. That's one of the main reason's I think he's an A-hole.

This is the same defense that had the players excited with how easy it was to learn...the basics. As more has been added more confusion has ensued. It happens when learn a new scheme. Throw in not having cohesion with injuries to basically the whole front seven and you have what we've seen. Inconsistent play.

How do you explain how poorly his defenses performed at OSU? They weren't new schemes to those players. Go read what people in Corvallis were saying about Banker, about his coaching style, particularly about the way his pass defenses were designed. I've heard the excuses, but he has some pretty good athletes looking very bad out there. From reading what OSU fans were saying, it seems that the only way Riley was going to be able to stay in Corvallis was to fire some of the guys on his staff. But Eichorst gave him an easy out. He gave him a place where Riley could go and hide for a few more years and retire and save his buddies' jobs. Maybe Riley didn't think he would be exposed so quickly. But no matter how you look at it, Banker's defense sucks and that isn't new just because it's unfamiliar or because of injuries....it has sucked for years.

The biggest plays made this season for the most part have been a scrambling TA unloading the ball to the strength of this team, the wideouts. Now we could literally continue to try to run the to holes that may open and not be found, or not open at all. Any way you look at it this year has been inconsistent and that comes from coaching change. Throw in some bad luck, some poor decisions (remember Tommy was told to run), and a boatload of injuries to key players on an already depleted roster and this is what we have. Riley's not an ahole, the last guy was. He is trying to play to the few strenghs this team has right now. All things considered for the most part these kids have continued to fight, learn on the fly, and lay it on the line for your enjoyment. With a post like that, you sir, are well...

What, I don't believe the media image that is being sold to me by some guy who gets in front of the camera and tells me one thing and then goes out and does the exact opposite. Okay, you enjoy that Kool Aid
No kool aid here bud. Look I don't agree with everything he or the coaching staff has done but damn, get real. If you left your home and took another job which included overlooking 130 young adults you didn't know, being scrutinized by millions of fans and grilled by media on a weekly basis while trying to attract top kids to come to play their college football careers here I would be intrigued to see how you hold up. Honestly I think he's done pretty well from that aspect. We have a huge recruiting weekend this weekend and in the midst of all this the guy has respectfully answered all questions thrown his way, and still has to try and convince young adults he will still be here to coach them due to the impatience of the fan base.

I have gotten real. Are you suggesting that he had no idea how bad a coach Mark Banker was when he hired him to come be the D-coordinator? Because if he didn't, he was the only one in Corvallis that didn't. But yet, he passed on many very good defensive coaches and stuck us with his pal regardless of how bad a coach he is. I don't give a crap how "respectfully he answered all questions thrown his way". The problem is that he didn't give a s**t about Nebraska, at least not as much as he cared about his cronies. And now our Huskers are stuck with a horrible defensive coordinator because he is Riley's boy. That's one of the main reason's I think he's an A-hole.

This is the same defense that had the players excited with how easy it was to learn...the basics. As more has been added more confusion has ensued. It happens when learn a new scheme. Throw in not having cohesion with injuries to basically the whole front seven and you have what we've seen. Inconsistent play.

What has been inconsistent? All I keep seeing is 5 close losses one blow out saved in garbage time, and our kids playing up or down to the team they are playing.

Well, I still think he's a nice guy. He's not screwing us with his buddies on purpose or maliciously. He probably thinks they're good at what they do. He would just be wrong and that makes him inept not the a-hole you portray him as. Might be a case of some misdirected anger. Might be time to relax a bit.

Explain the lies. He said he wasn't going to force his system on these players. So explain the 50+ passes a game. He's an A-hole. He doesn't care what anyone thinks or says, he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong. There is no misdirected anger. I'm not angry at him. I'm just tired of being told something that's not true. I bought all the nice guy crap at first, I wanted to believe it, but he's not a nice guy, he just plays one on TV.

It's been a while since I've heard anyone talk about Osborne that poorly.....

Haha, you think you got me huh? Osborn is not a mere coach. You can't compare Osborne to people like Riley or any other coach... Osborne is God.

So why did you lump Osborne in with everyone else? That was your doing, not mine.

And...deifying a mere mortal man? I see...

How do you explain how poorly his defenses performed at OSU? They weren't new schemes to those players. Go read what people in Corvallis were saying about Banker, about his coaching style, particularly about the way his pass defenses were designed. I've heard the excuses, but he has some pretty good athletes looking very bad out there. From reading what OSU fans were saying, it seems that the only way Riley was going to be able to stay in Corvallis was to fire some of the guys on his staff. But Eichorst gave him an easy out. He gave him a place where Riley could go and hide for a few more years and retire and save his buddies' jobs. Maybe Riley didn't think he would be exposed so quickly. But no matter how you look at it, Banker's defense sucks and that isn't new just because it's unfamiliar or because of injuries....it has sucked for years.

That same OSUdefense is giving up the same amount of ppg this year w/o banker, but let me guess that his fault

Well, I still think he's a nice guy. He's not screwing us with his buddies on purpose or maliciously. He probably thinks they're good at what they do. He would just be wrong and that makes him inept not the a-hole you portray him as. Might be a case of some misdirected anger. Might be time to relax a bit.

Explain the lies. He said he wasn't going to force his system on these players. So explain the 50+ passes a game. He's an A-hole. He doesn't care what anyone thinks or says, he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong. There is no misdirected anger. I'm not angry at him. I'm just tired of being told something that's not true. I bought all the nice guy crap at first, I wanted to believe it, but he's not a nice guy, he just plays one on TV.

Haha, you think you got me huh? Osborn is not a mere coach. You can't compare Osborne to people like Riley or any other coach... Osborne is God.

So why did you lump Osborne in with everyone else? That was your doing, not mine.

No, you lumped him in. When I said all coaches I never mentioned Osborne. For some reason you thought I was making reference to Osborne. But when you brought him up in the same conversation as Riley and other coaches, I had to correct you. Osborne is not a mere coach. He is not a mortal. I'm glad you understand now.

Unless you are Harvey Perlman.... http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nu-chancellor-perlman-backs-mike-riley-and-shawn-eichorst-despite/article_dc706163-16a4-5a59-8704-815f2c320110.html

“Tom Osborne was a great coach, and what made him a great coach was his ability to recognize talent others didn’t and coach it up,” Perlman said in an exclusive interview with The World-Herald. “Everyone in college football will tell you those are qualities Mike Riley has in abundance.

Unless you are Harvey Perlman.... http://www.omaha.com/huskers/nu-chancellor-perlman-backs-mike-riley-and-shawn-eichorst-despite/article_dc706163-16a4-5a59-8704-815f2c320110.html

“Tom Osborne was a great coach, and what made him a great coach was his ability to recognize talent others didn’t and coach it up,” Perlman said in an exclusive interview with The World-Herald. “Everyone in college football will tell you those are qualities Mike Riley has in abundance.

:rollin

What has been inconsistent? All I keep seeing is 5 close losses one blow out saved in garbage time, and our kids playing up or down to the team they are playing.

I challenge you to look up inconsistent

That same OSUdefense is giving up the same amount of ppg this year w/o banker, but let me guess that his fault

We had almost no returning starters this year... 9th youngest team in the country. You can't seriously compare a new defense to an old (and inept) one.

• Fire 1

No, you lumped him in. When I said all coaches I never mentioned Osborne. For some reason you thought I was making reference to Osborne. But when you brought him up in the same conversation as Riley and other coaches, I had to correct you. Osborne is not a mere coach. He is not a mortal. I'm glad you understand now.

So when you said...."he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong." You didn't really mean EVERY coach? When you said every coach, that puts Osborne in that group. And you did that, not me. Just saying....

Osborne was never infallible, he certainly made his share of mistakes. Osborne could have recruited Barry Sanders, in fact Barry wanted to play for Nebraska but Osborne passed on him.

When Osborne finally does pass away, are you still going to insist that he is not a mere mortal?

Some stubborn people are nice.

NU's RB run game is worse than it's passing game. Players contribute to this (more than coaches).

Coaching new players in a new place is harder than coaching in the same place. Some of our apparent coaching failures may be due that and if so, perhaps next September the team is "better coached" even if we have most or all of the same coaches.

4.7 yards per carry.

247 composite just listed NU as having the 4th best roster in the B10 currently, which accounts for attrition. A few spots behind MSU and 15 spots ahead of 5th place Wisconsin

So when you said...."he's like every coach that ever coached, he has an agenda and he's going to push that agenda come hell or high water and he will NEVER admit he's wrong." You didn't really mean EVERY coach? When you said every coach, that puts Osborne in that group. And you did that, not me. Just saying....

Osborne was never infallible, he certainly made his share of mistakes. Osborne could have recruited Barry Sanders, in fact Barry wanted to play for Nebraska but Osborne passed on him.

When Osborne finally does pass away, are you still going to insist that he is not a mere mortal?

Dude really?

• Fire 1

His job is to coach football. I dont care that he's nice. There are plenty of nice coaches who win games. I didn't care that Bo was an a-hole. I just felt he had run his course here and it was a stale atmosphere and time for a change. Nick Saban is a giant a-hole. No one cares because he is great at his job. The people who wanted Bo fired simply because he was a Dick would fall all over themselves to have Saban coaching here.

Of all the arguments regarding Riley, the whole nice thing is the one that irks me the most. If he wins games then his personality is a nice bonus. But, the fact of the matter is that he is very bad at his job and has never been particularly good at it over a 30 year career

I'm getting so tired of the "Mike Riley is a nice guy" or "Mike guy is a real man of character" line. I call BULLS**T.

Riley came to Nebraska with the opportunity to bring a quality coaching staff to help him provide the fans with the best possible product on the field that the talent would allow. The coaching staff he brought in seems mediocre at best, and in the case of Mark Banker, it seems down right incompetent. MR has used this program as a place to protect some of his buddies from unemployment, and in fact gotten most of them big fat raises at the expense of the Nebraska program (which by extension comes out of the pockets of Nebraska fans - yes I take this personally).

When a politician uses his position to provide jobs for his pals we call that cronyism and we consider that corruption. Not the kind of behavior a man of character would take part in. Yeah, if he's your buddy you use words like friend and loyal...but I think corrupt is a better fit...I mean he is basically misappropriating public funds by overpaying his incompetent, unqualified friends, isn't he? Character guy my ass.

Riley is not a "nice guy" either, he is a stubborn jackass just like every other head football coach. What? just because he doesn't yell and spit on the refs or look angry and surly at press conferences, people think he's a nice guy? I don't think so. He lied to our faces. He told us he wasn't going to force his system on these players. He said he would work with the talent that was here and stay within their skill sets. I would have to say, passing 50 freaking times a game is NOTHING like what this team does well. Mike Riley is a freaking liar and that makes him the opposite of a nice guy.

So if some people want to give him more time because of all the excuses that have been listed, then fine. Or if others want him fired yesterday, hey, I'm down with that as well. Just stop pissing on my leg and telling me it's raining. Just because this jackass smiles and says "awe shucks" and rides a bike to work and drives a Prius and talks calmly with the media and make nice, nice with the refs doesn't make him a good guy. It's all an act. Look at what he has done to us. He is Bill Callahan with less coaching talent.

enhanced-20928-1445528122-9.jpg