Who said it?

soup

OP, what is the point of this thread? I'm genuinely very curious.

Is it to be a salve to our psyches, to take our minds off of the train wreck that is this season by just being thankful that Bo isn't here anymore?

Or is it just directly pointed at the crowd that wishes Bo hadn't have been fired (which I think is actually a relatively small minority).

• Fire 2

Is it to be a salve to our psyches, to take our minds off of the train wreck that is this season by just being thankful that Bo isn't here anymore?

Or is it just directly pointed at the crowd that wishes Bo hadn't have been fired (which I think is actually a relatively small minority).

What's the point of any of the thread's on this board? Other than to seemingly bash current/former coaches, ADs, players?

• Fire 1

And there's the difference, he is willing to pubicly throw the old staff under the bus to further his agenda. Where MR has never said a negative thing about the previous staff, even though the same conversation could be had.

The would be a cool story, except Pelini didn't say anything about the former staff. That was an opinion thrown out by the sportswriter.
Hmmm

"All along, Pelini has spoken of the process of changing the programs culture from the previous five-year regime of former head coach Eric Wolford. "

Its a work in progress, he said. Its my job and the staffs job to improve the level of consistency, improve the culture, the toughness, the physicality, the effort all the things and details of whats going to allow us to be good, not just over the next four weeks, but over a long period of time.

So he is saying the old staff had a no culture of physicality, toughness, or effort...no not throwing them under the bus at all

The part you have in quotes was not spoken by Pelini. And your last sentence is completely wrong. All he said was that it was his job to improve those things. He didn't say they didn't exist. All good coaches are constantly trying to improve everything.
I meant for the whole thing to be in quotes as in I was quoting the article.

So your stance is the writer saying "All along, Pelini has spoken of the process of changing the programs culture from the previous five-year regime of former head coach Eric Wolford"

And Bo being quoted as saying he has to "improve the culture, the toughness, the physicality, the effort..." Isn't throwing the old staff under the bus? Saying they have to improve them IS saying they weren't good enough under the old staff.

Be rational for once man. I don't care how much you want MR fired. The constant hate naritave, making the same points and blowing up every thread with your nonsense is tiresome.

So you think coaches should say that everything is fine and we don't need to improve anything?

And you're still misquoting. He didn't say "he has to" improve. He said it's his job to improve those things. Here's his exact quote: “It’s a work in progress,” he said. “It’s my job and the staff’s job to improve the level of consistency, improve the culture, the toughness, the physicality, the effort — all the things and details of what’s going to allow us to be good, not just over the next four weeks, but over a long period of time.”

He didn't say anything about the previous coaching staff. The writer is projecting that.

I'm not the one making up stuff and claiming someone said it. THAT would be irrational.

• Fire 1
Be rational for once man. I don't care how much you want MR fired. The constant hate naritave, making the same points and blowing up every thread with your nonsense is tiresome.

I think you might want to take a step back here. I think GBRedneck isn't the one sounding shrill here...not that you are the one sounding shrill, of course...that would be wrong for me to say... :unsure:

Anyhow, Bo did win the next game after saying all that, so good for him. Let's hope Riley gets his fourth win against the Spartans, and that would be good for Nebraska.

There's like 5 people on this board who still want Bo....plus he's at Youngstown St., honestly I couldn't care less what he does over there. The point is, who cares?

I'm not one of them. He forced their hand and left no option but to fire him. But he was a good coach. Eichorst should've done more to foster a better realtionship and provide the support to help Bo continue to improve. I put as much of the blame on Eichorst as I do Pelini. It takes two to form a toxic relationship.

• Fire 1

Pelini hasn't changed a bit......clinched fist yelling at his players!
The expression on the girl behind Pelini pretty much says it all!

Maybe Bo is just yelling into the headset "How in the hell did Papuchis get on here?" We don't know what the context of that yell was

You gotta love the look on that girl's face though!

What's the point of any of the thread's on this board? Other than to seemingly bash current/former coaches, ADs, players?

And you are just as bad as the people you are fighting with here. Take their posts and substitute Pelini for Riley. Your only agenda is to bash the former staff and defend the current one. It may be a more noble position in your eyes, but that's just your opinion. Its no more valid then Cm's or GBRedneck's. Its just different. You are no better then the people you complain about. If the threads on this board only serve the purpose you stated above, why do you participate and add to the perceived problem with this forum?

• Fire 1

Pelini hasn't changed a bit......clinched fist yelling at his players!
The expression on the girl behind Pelini pretty much says it all!

Maybe Bo is just yelling into the headset "How in the hell did Papuchis get on here?" We don't know what the context of that yell was

You gotta love the look on that girl's face though!

she has never heard so many of those words strung together in that manner before.

There's like 5 people on this board who still want Bo....plus he's at Youngstown St., honestly I couldn't care less what he does over there. The point is, who cares?

Exactly, its just another agenda driven post from someone who complains and derides similar posts that dont share his viewpoint. At least the Riley threads are about someone who actually works here and is relevant to the future of this program

And there's the difference, he is willing to pubicly throw the old staff under the bus to further his agenda. Where MR has never said a negative thing about the previous staff, even though the same conversation could be had.

Where, in his actual quotes, did he throw the previous staff under the bus?

He didn't. That's just what Amac wants to believe.

Seriously don't let your blind hatred of MR and love affair with Bo blind you to the point of stupidity

Too late.