Position Changes

Its gonna bring a smile to my face when Jackson is confusing the hell out of defenses and creating horrible matchup difficulties when he lines up at I back one play, split end the next, and than wide out the play after that in his junior year. From everything I have heard, he is talented enough to play pretty much any skill position, and maybe they are settting him up to be a charles woodson, teddy ginn kind of athlete that plays all over the field.... Just because he didnt see a ton of time as a freshman does not mean he wont as a sophomore or beyond...

I think that Jackson is probably the best RB recruit from that class. I just have a gut feeling that billy slash will waste his talent, and he may not be here for his entire career.

Adams flat out isnt D-1 talent. He doenst have the speed that Stuntz did, he wont sniff the field at either qb or fs.

Have you ever seen Jordan Adams play, or is this just another assumption with no basis, the same way you cut down Joe Ganz? I have never seen the kid play before, so I don't know his abilities. I'd hope you have the inside track on this kid since you can say without hesitation that he doesn't belong.

Here we go again. People complained that we didn't recruit enough safeties or DL depth but when we fix it by trying to move some players around that may see the field in their new position and succeding unlike never seeing the field in their old position we have to bash the whole process. Plus we are not exactly moving to-be seniors around. We are moving young kids (for the most part) that have a chance to learn new positions and succeed and help us out in the present and future.

Adams flat out isnt D-1 talent. He doenst have the speed that Stuntz did, he wont sniff the field at either qb or fs.

Have you ever seen Jordan Adams play, or is this just another assumption with no basis, the same way you cut down Joe Ganz? I have never seen the kid play before, so I don't know his abilities. I'd hope you have the inside track on this kid since you can say without hesitation that he doesn't belong.

The basis is, as bad as the qb play has been the last 2 years, if he were any good at all, he would have seen the field, not been 5th string. And, if I remember correctly, I believe Rivals said his 40 time was something like 4.8, fine for an OG, not good for a FS.

Here we go again. People complained that we didn't recruit enough safeties or DL depth but when we fix it by trying to move some players around that may see the field in their new position and succeding unlike never seeing the field in their old position we have to bash the whole process. Plus we are not exactly moving to-be seniors around. We are moving young kids (for the most part) that have a chance to learn new positions and succeed and help us out in the present and future.

I just wish the coaches knew what they were doing. Moving a guy repeatedly (like Moore and Jackson) has not benefitted the player or the program. And moving a bunch of guys that wouldnt have seen the field at their preferred positions to safety doesnt cure the problem, it makes it worse. Guys who could possibly contribute wont get the reps to make the team better (isnt that the reason why the walkon program was slashed, because these coaches couldnt figure out how to get reps for all those players :blink: ). I am all for moving a guy like Green or Wilson, guys who have played DB in the past and who might have a shot a contributing as opposed to moving some guys that were 4th and 5th stringers at other posisitons.

:yeah Totally agree

I think moore has been moved to every linebacker position and dend about 10 times each. 

Give me a break. 10 times each. That's 50 changes (3lbs and two de's). There are 52 weeks in a year, FYI.

Oh yea, I think this one is earned. :lol:

I think ol' Bernard was exaggerating a little. C'mon DaveH, you can find a bigger "dumdum" smilie than that can't you. :lol:

The basis is, as bad as the qb play has been the last 2 years, if he were any good at all, he would have seen the field, not been 5th string. And, if I remember correctly, I believe Rivals said his 40 time was something like 4.8, fine for an OG, not good for a FS.

So what you are saying is you have never seen him play. Got it, thanks. :thumbs

Adams was a sleeper JUCO find at QB who only played a few games but put up monster numbers when he did. When he got to Nebraska everything was derailed with a series of health problems. If he gets some reps at safety. :thumbs

I think Green will be better suited for safety than he was at corner. He often lined up too far off the line and may as well been playing safety at times. If he can get a feel for the position and utilize his speed then maybe he can help the team get the INT numbers back up.

So what you are saying is you have never seen him play.  Got it, thanks. :thumbs

Correct. And we likely never will. That should tell us all we need to know.

:lol: He may have a point!

Yes, formerfan just proved my point that he knows nothing about this player and just blindly made an assumption that we will never see him. While Adams may not be a starter or major contributer(who knows!), making assumptions about something/someone that you have not seen is pretty narrow-minded.

Are you auditioning to be formerfan's sidekick? :wtf

You know what.... find me a OG that runs a 4.8 amd than I might give you some credit... Better yet, find me evidence, like winter conditioning numbers that support that fact that he hasnt gotten any faster over the past two whole years, and i might support you further. Until then, <DaveH snip>....

Edited by DaveH
Yes, formerfan just proved my point that he knows nothing about this player and just blindly made an assumption that we will never see him.    While Adams may not be a starter or major contributer(who knows!), making assumptions about something/someone that you have not seen is pretty narrow-minded. 

I simply agreed with former that Adams will probably never see playing time at that position. If you disagree, that is ok with me. Rebutting Former's opinion is fine, but if you are criticizing assumptions and speculation, you may wish to get a cup of coffee and NO-DOZ because you will be in for a long night. I would like a list of those on this board who have not assumed or speculated (it would not be a long list). Or is it ok to assume and speculate if you are in agreeance with it?

Are you auditioning to be formerfan's sidekick?   :wtf

I did not realize I entered a zone where nobody can agree with former on anything without receiving crap. Former and I have disagreed plenty in the past. I simply don't disagree with him because it is the IN thing to do. Am I not cool because I broke the anti-Former code of of conduct? :dumdum