Things we were told when Riley was hired...

teachercd

Despite how numb I am about the entire situation, it still shocks me that anyone thinks MR will become a consistent winner. At what point does history finally predict the future for some people? Next year we can hope to be .500.

I am with you. MR is over 60 years old and will not change. The sellout streak is in danger. We can only hope the new chancellor cleans house.

Kirk Ferentz is over 60 years old and he made a lot of changes after Iowa's 7-6 and 4-8 seasons.

Read a good article that said after last year, he really did some soul searching. Starting with deciding on Beathard as the starter in January. Re-worked the strength and conditioning program to make the end of the workouts harder than the beginning to simulate games (I'm sure the S&C coach did this).

IMO, Riley won't do this as he came in saying the right things i.e. will play to what we have, not a square peg/round hole guy, will see what works and use it.... none of this panned out in year 1. He kept with the same system to the tune of .546 at OSU. Just don't see it IMO.

I guess we'll have to see.

I really wish we didn't have to

Despite how numb I am about the entire situation, it still shocks me that anyone thinks MR will become a consistent winner. At what point does history finally predict the future for some people? Next year we can hope to be .500.

I am with you. MR is over 60 years old and will not change. The sellout streak is in danger. We can only hope the new chancellor cleans house.

Kirk Ferentz is over 60 years old and he made a lot of changes after Iowa's 7-6 and 4-8 seasons.

Yea, but Ferentz has never won a Grey Cup

Haters and dividers. Must be members of the BO-lievers crowd.

Ah, this fallacy again. Once again, there were other options besides Bo or Mike.

What were those options. Seriously. Do you know of coaches that would have both come here and have been good fits? Not coaches you wanted, but coaches that you have solid information would have taken the job but were not offered. Or is the notion that there were other options just a fallacy? To be clear, beyond being happy the we don't have the demonic Bo on the side lines, I'm not the least happy with our team's performance this year. I don't follow the coaching ranks close enough, nor do I have any contacts that have inside info. Who would have come, that would have been better?