Things we were told when Riley was hired...

teachercd

Why don't we take a look to see which things have come true, feel free to add things.

1. Recruiting will be so much better

2. We finally have an experienced staff

3. The players will get better during the season

4. No more blowouts

5. The staff will play to the players strengths

6. We will cut way down on turnovers

7. We will cut way down on penalties

Some of those things are true...recruiting is way better, there were no blowouts

I did love the "I don't really care about wins/losses as long as their are no more blowouts" crowd!

Huh, I didn't know you even paid attention to the actual football side of things. I thought you were only concerned with drinking and bars and tailgating and coeds and Tanner's and what time people were leaving. Who would've suspected that it should've stayed that way?

And gambling!
And buddies. Guess I missed a couple areas of expertise.

We don't have an asshat of a HC whose only response to anything is to throw a tantrum. I'm not saying Mike Riley is the best guy for the job, but he's a better guy for the job.

He's a nicer guy for sure, but "better" is purely subjective. From a PR perceptive, absolutely. Performance? Not yet...

It blows my mind how many people are just shrugging at this year just because Bo is gone.

We don't have an asshat of a HC whose only response to anything is to throw a tantrum. I'm not saying Mike Riley is the best guy for the job, but he's a better guy for the job.

He's a nicer guy for sure, but "better" is purely subjective. It blows my mind how many people are just shrugging at this year just because Bo is gone.

I guess it is not subjective...he in fact is not better...

• Fire 1

Agreed, but they aren't here. Other than TO, what coach would have worked for you and your crowd, and when he came in a had same record you guys would be singing the same song. The 9 wins the last couple of years was fools gold. We should have been 7-6 last year or worse. AA saved the team on at least 2 games for sure.

Agreed, but they aren't here. Other than TO, what coach would have worked for you and your crowd, and when he came in a had same record you guys would be singing the same song. The 9 wins the last couple of years was fools gold. We should have been 7-6 last year or worse. AA saved the team on at least 2 games for sure.

Wait...so the fact that good players were recruited to NU and that those good players made good plays to help NU win games is a bad thing?!?!

• Fire 2