March Madness

Yale would more than likely beat Nebraska. A lot of senior leadership on that team.

To be fair, most of the teams in the Top 250 would be pretty likely to beat Nebraska.

This is silly -

Either you are saying that we fall somewhere around 126-150 in the country which would mean that MOST (about half ) should beat NU or you are saying that teams around 200/250 would be likely to beat us (which is not happening)

We were 6-17 against the Top 250 this year. So we had about a 26% chance of beating the Top 250 teams that we played. Meaning we were pretty likely to get beat.

Nice job spinning your words around to say something different....

Not really. You can speculate about what we might have done against the teams that we didn't play. Or you can look at what actually happened against the teams that we did play.

According to KenPom.com, we were #100. So we were slightly above the range that you gave that you would consider accurate for my statement.

But we also lost to Samford who is #224 (so we're actually 6-18 - I was assuming they were lower) so I don't know how you can say with much certainty that would would have beaten anyone in the Top 250. Last year we lost to Incarnate Word who was #228.

Anybody can speculate all they want, however that would just be a guess and that's all you can do if we don't schedule 249 games to play everybody else in the top 250.

You can pick an outlier to prove your point, however I could reply back with us beating a 2 seed that many picked to win the tournament. I would be making the same mistake that you did by finding 1 outlier that doesn't tell the whole season.

But you are right I can not 100% guarantee that we would have beaten xyz team in the top 250 unless we play them. You could also say the same on the opposite side about the 30 NBA teams - I think we are both smart enough to know that we wouldn't do well.

facts are facts, every team in this field has players above NU, even 12 seeds. Our freshman, imo, would not start for very many of those teams at all.

Nobody is saying (myself included) that we are better then the teams in this tournament. Especially 12 seeds - no way in the world that I would say the 2015-2016 version of NU was a top 50 team in the country. However there is a lot of room between 65th-250th - We fall much closer to 65th then 250th. Not sure what your facts are facts statement means - but if it relates to losing to a team around 250th. We also beat a team that is in the top 10. We could both pick outliers like this but that doesn't really account for the other 30 games each season.

Actually, it was just a statement, not part of the top 250 stuff.

Yale would more than likely beat Nebraska. A lot of senior leadership on that team.

To be fair, most of the teams in the Top 250 would be pretty likely to beat Nebraska.

This is silly -

Either you are saying that we fall somewhere around 126-150 in the country which would mean that MOST (about half ) should beat NU or you are saying that teams around 200/250 would be likely to beat us (which is not happening)

We were 6-17 against the Top 250 this year. So we had about a 26% chance of beating the Top 250 teams that we played. Meaning we were pretty likely to get beat.

Not really. You can speculate about what we might have done against the teams that we didn't play. Or you can look at what actually happened against the teams that we did play.

According to KenPom.com, we were #100. So we were slightly above the range that you gave that you would consider accurate for my statement.

But we also lost to Samford who is #224 (so we're actually 6-18 - I was assuming they were lower) so I don't know how you can say with much certainty that would would have beaten anyone in the Top 250. Last year we lost to Incarnate Word who was #228.

Anybody can speculate all they want, however that would just be a guess and that's all you can do if we don't schedule 249 games to play everybody else in the top 250.

You can pick an outlier to prove your point, however I could reply back with us beating a 2 seed that many picked to win the tournament. I would be making the same mistake that you did by finding 1 outlier that doesn't tell the whole season.

But you are right I can not 100% guarantee that we would have beaten xyz team in the top 250 unless we play them. You could also say the same on the opposite side about the 30 NBA teams - I think we are both smart enough to know that we wouldn't do well.

I didn't pick any outliers to prove my point. I noted our record against EVERY TOP 250 TEAM WE PLAYED THIS YEAR.

Now, you're assuming if we played some of the other teams we would win. That's possible. But that's pure speculation on your part since we proved we could lost to the #224 team in the country.

This is silly -

I didn't pick any outliers to prove my point. I noted our record against EVERY TOP 250 TEAM WE PLAYED THIS YEAR.

Now, you're assuming if we played some of the other teams we would win. That's possible. But that's pure speculation on your part since we proved we could lost to the #224 team in the country................

............. and beat a top 10 team in the country.

This is silly -

Now, you're assuming if we played some of the other teams we would win. That's possible. But that's pure speculation on your part since we proved we could lost to the #224 team in the country................

Yes. So did Middle Tennessee State.

But we're talking about what is "likely" to happen.

This is silly -

So we beat a top 10 team and lost to a low level team at the 225 range. Again these are outliers - every team has them every season. You choose to think it is "likely" to loss because you are more on the negative side and I choose to think it is "likely" to win because i'm more on the positive side.

But either way you keep basing your statement on one game out of a 30+ game season.

This is silly -

So we beat a top 10 team and lost to a low level team at the 225 range. Again these are outliers - every team has them every season. You choose to think it is "likely" to loss because you are more on the negative side and I choose to think it is "likely" to win because i'm more on the positive side.

But either way you keep basing your statement on one game out of a 30+ game season.

What part of 6-18 is basing it on one game?

This is silly -

What is 6-18? If you are talking about Nebraska's record this year it was 16-18. One of those wins was against a current Sweet 16 team. Another was against a team that was picked to be in the Final 4 but failed to show up. We lost by 5 to Maryland who is also in the S16. Almost every team has a few solid b ball players now so it's not impossible to get beaten by a team 100 positions lower than you. On any given night the Huskers could have lost to some of the worst teams or beaten many of the better teams. I'm not saying we belonged in any post season event but we were no where close to being a #225 team

This is silly -

What is 6-18? If you are talking about Nebraska's record this year it was 16-18. One of those wins was against a current Sweet 16 team. Another was against a team that was picked to be in the Final 4 but failed to show up. We lost by 5 to Maryland who is also in the S16. Almost every team has a few solid b ball players now so it's not impossible to get beaten by a team 100 positions lower than you. On any given night the Huskers could have lost to some of the worst teams or beaten many of the better teams. I'm not saying we belonged in any post season event but we were no where close to being a #225 team

Thank you for saying this better then I could !!!

• Fire 1

This is silly -

Because you are using the the lowest team (#224) and then trying to make a 6-18 correlation off that one team like all the other teams that we played in that 6-18 group would be similar to #224 - While quickly forgetting that we beat a team that is in single digit rankings.

This conversation is silly - so keep posting but i'm done trying to get this thru to you. As stated earlier you tend to be a little too negative and I tend to be a little too positive - so i'm sure we will have many more chances to disagree.

This is silly -

Because you are using the the lowest team (#224) and then trying to make a 6-18 correlation off that one team like all the other teams that we played in that 6-18 group would be similar to #224 - While quickly forgetting that we beat a team that is in single digit rankings.

This conversation is silly - so keep posting but i'm done trying to get this thru to you. As stated earlier you tend to be a little too negative and I tend to be a little too positive - so i'm sure we will have many more chances to disagree.

No, I'm not making anything off of one team. I'm saying out of ALL THE TEAMS WE PLAYED IN THE TOP 250, WE WERE 6-18 AGAINST THEM. It's taking every game we played against teams that fit this description this year. I'm not cherry-picking anything.

You seem to want to infer that we would have beaten other Top 250 teams that we didn't play. That's entirely possible. But that's quite an assumption being as we proved we could lose to one of the worst of those teams.

This is silly -

No, I'm not making anything off of one team. I'm saying out of ALL THE TEAMS WE PLAYED IN THE TOP 250, WE WERE 6-18 AGAINST THEM. It's taking every game we played against teams that fit this description this year. I'm not cherry-picking anything.

You seem to want to infer that we would have beaten other Top 250 teams that we didn't play. That's entirely possible. But that's quite an assumption being as we proved we could lose to one of the worst of those teams.

OK I lied - I'm making one last post (my history of sticking to my word of being done was 100% until now)

Obviously if we played a sample of other teams in the top 250 we would win some - I hope you could agree to that. I also would agree that we would loss to some.

However, my point is this - compare your BOLD statement above

"I'm saying out of ALL THE TEAMS WE PLAYED IN THE TOP 250, WE WERE 6-18 AGAINST THEM"

and then go back to when this discussion started and compare the two statements - THEY ARE NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME. I'm not going to waste the time to go look for it and I know you wont either because you won't like the results, however it was something to the effect of "we would most likely loss to most teams in the top 250"

And yes you do cherry pick because after saying you don't cherry pick you finished your post with "cherry picking" ....."being as we proved we could lose to one of the worst of those teams".

Your failure at reading comprehension does not mean that I'm cherry-picking.

I know what I said. I haven't changed that. I'll even quote it for you.

You have nothing that proves this is false. We have a season's worth of results that point to it being true. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true - at least as "true" as an option based on observations can be.

• Fire 1

Your failure at reading comprehension does not mean that I'm cherry-picking.

I know what I said. I haven't changed that. I'll even quote it for you.

You have nothing that proves this is false. We have a season's worth of results that point to it being true. Just because you don't like it doesn't make it not true - at least as "true" as an option based on observations can be.

FIFY. Just because you have a hard on for Miles doesn't make it true.

Nebraska played 10 games vs 2016 NCAA Tourney teams. Villanova looked like a world beater in their two games. We played them early and hung with them for about 10 mins but lost badly. We lost to Cincy by 4. Lost to Miami by 5. Lost to Indiana twice....by 11 and 17. Lost to Maryland by 5 and 12. Played Wisc twice. Lost by 11 and won by 12. Played Mich St and won by 1. Yes we went 2-8. Some of the losses were close but they were still losses. That still makes 1/3 of our schedule vs potentially the top 64 teams in the country. If a statement was made that said Nebraska would likely lose to the Top 65-70 teams I would say it is likely......but not against all the top 250.

• Fire 1