BTN Primetime Kickoffs announce (Fresno, Minnesota, @ Northwestern)

Not night games but I didn't think they needed their own thread:

The list grows smaller for morning games!

Wyoming

Oregon

Purdue

Maryland

Iowa

I think the only true possible games for 11:00 are Wyoming and Purdue.

I know Iowa has been an 11:00 game before but, if they have another decent season, I don't see that being a morning game again.

This may be an unpopular opinion, but for games that aren't "big time" or games that I don't attend, I like the 11:00 kicks. Gets the game over by 2:30 then I can have the rest of my day free.

Since I'm in Florida, those work out great because I usually do an overnight cook, and have a nice meal to sit down with while I watch. The midday kicks make it harder to plan my BBQ'ing around. I know, 1st world problems...

This may be an unpopular opinion, but for games that aren't "big time" or games that I don't attend, I like the 11:00 kicks. Gets the game over by 2:30 then I can have the rest of my day free.

I'm against the 11:00 kickoff mainly because it makes it almost impossible to bring recruits in for game days. With their schedules playing Friday nights the more opportunities we have to get kids on campus the better.

Also I'd have to wake up at like 5 to start drinking

Basically it comes down to this; if you like 11 AM Kickoffs, I don't like you.

1. Recruits can get into town easier for a night game, plus more viewers generally for a night TV game.

2. More fun to attend as a fan, IMO.

3. Get the whole day to either watch other football games or actually do work/run errands/sleep off my Friday hangover.

4. Better opportunity to drink longer.

1. Recruits can get into town easier for a night game, plus more viewers generally for a night TV game.

3. Get the whole day to either watch other football games or actually do work/run errands/sleep off my Friday hangover.

K, but the night games are done, so it's either 11 or 2:30, not 11 or night game. Recruits aren't lining up to come see us play Purdue. If it's an early game, you still get the whole day to watch other games, plus you can watch the other big primetime matchups.

Why 11 a.m. might make sense for Oregon-Nebraska

While we're on the subject of kickoff times, I've heard more than one person suggest an 11 a.m. start for Nebraska's critical non-conference home game Sept. 17 against Oregon.

Not a bad idea.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/why-a-m-might-make-sense-for-oregon-nebraska/article_ee31b1f6-1788-11e6-b3bb-dba5bfb9bf1c.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Disagree with him here. Need the night game "Oomph" for this one.

1) I get that. But I am being selfish about what suits my time the best. And recruiting events tend to occur with "Big Games", which I stated I like at night.

2) Agree. That's why I said "games I don't attend"

3) Invalid. Most games at 11am are not the marquee ones. 11am Husker games mean I get to watch the "better" games that day. And having our game done at 2:30 gives me the rest of the afternoon to get sh#t done

4)I have 2 kids under 7. Not much of a chance for me to do morning/afternoon drinking

K, but the night games are done, so it's either 11 or 2:30, not 11 or night game. Recruits aren't lining up to come see us play Purdue. If it's an early game, you still get the whole day to watch other games, plus you can watch the other big primetime matchups.

Right, all of those points still pertain to 2:30 or later kickoffs. My bad.

While we're on the subject of kickoff times, I've heard more than one person suggest an 11 a.m. start for Nebraska's critical non-conference home game Sept. 17 against Oregon.

Not a bad idea.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/life-in-the-red/why-a-m-might-make-sense-for-oregon-nebraska/article_ee31b1f6-1788-11e6-b3bb-dba5bfb9bf1c.html?utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter&utm_campaign=user-share

Terrible idea. Terrible.

Stadium is more lifeless at 11AM, Recruits won't make it to town in time.

It's literally our only big home game in 2016. Needs to be 2:30 or later.

Not a bad idea.

Remember when UCLA came to town and we thought it was going to be an advantage of having the game kick at 9am? How'd that work out for us?

Not a bad idea.

Remember when UCLA came to town and we thought it was going to be an advantage of having the game kick at 9am? How'd that work out for us?

IT WAS PERFECT UNTIL UCLA WOKE UP IN THE LOCKER ROOM AT HALFTIME

• Fire 2