2016 Opponent Previews: Ohio State

I think they will struggle to put it together this year along with Wisconsin. They struggled last year with an NFL ready roster...what makes you think they won't struggle again with a depleted one?

OHIO STATE

tOSU has it's hardest schedule in probably 2-3 years this year. I see 6 teams that could give them trouble. There are so many new starters on the lines on both sides of the ball, new LBs and secondary...how long will it take them to come together and feel comfortable? That secondary will be tested often and early with top 20 passing offenses playing them in the non conference. They have to play Oklahoma at home...and the Sooners are 90-8 the last 17 seasons at home.

As I said, both of their lines lose quite a bit, both safeties gone, they're breaking in tons of spots with new guys which provides more questions than answers. Don't take my word for it though, check out the two deep with experience here: http://nationalchamps.net/2016/earlybird/teams/ohiostate.htm

I don't know. OSU recruits so well that losing players doesn't effect them as much. They are kinda like Alabama.

They get 2 games to get it together before Oklahoma comes to Columbus. I would be surprised if they are an underdog in any game all year.

Recruiting well is all fine and great...but MSU doesn't recruit well and still does great.

Texas recruits well and sucks up everything.

Recruiting well gets you nothing if you can't put it together on the field. tOSU lost a lot of leaders and experience in the draft and with graduation.

Urbs is a good coach...he's going to do pretty well but everyone has a down year. I think this is one of them for him. As I said, 2-3 losses is what I expect. I don't expect Michigan to be #1 in the conference either though...everyone is overhyping them quite a bit.

I think MSU is once again, the team to beat and I think Indiana will be deceptively good.

In case you missed it...

Michigan State did well in the B1G... but when they got on the big stage in the college football playoff they lost 38-0 to Alabama... a team that does recruit well.

That's right... Michigan State did not score a single point in the game... nothing... zip... nada.

I knew Urban's record was good but I didn't know exactly what it was since he's been at OSU.

Urban Meyer is very similar to Bob Devaney.

Devaney's first 4 years at Nebraska his record was 37 - 7.

Devaney's last 4 years at Nebraska his record was 42- 4 - 2.

That's why it's critically important to hire great coaches.

• 1 month later...