Temp check: 7-5

Another Bo Pelini thread hijacking... by cmhusker.

Of course the purpose of this as usual is to stop the discussion of important subjects.

I may have been wrong in my comment earlier in the thread. Apparently, even here, on the best Nebraska chat board, it's no longer possible to have an intelligent discussion. Any intelligent discussion gets hijacked... every time.

Some times I just have to shake my head about the things you try to cram together in such an illogical manner, man.

How am I being Illogical when I said Bo dared his superiors to fire him. I invite you to rewatch the Iowa 2013 post game presser. That was not the way a man in his position is expected to behave. Those incidents, stacked ontop of another, are what led to his dissmissal.
When you take one sentence out of the context of the entire conversation, you are being dishonest and deceitful. It wasn't a dare, it was a statement of fatalism; acceptance that it was out of his control.

Ref dropped an f-bomb or two in that clip.

admo, if you're not interested in honestly evaluating the situation, that's unfortunate.

at this level, it's not a big deal if a ref cusses.

Anyways I do agree with you about the presser. Was it maybe unnecessary/unprofessional by Bo to say what he said? Yeah, he should've handled it differently. But the remark in itself was just him being sarcastic as a result of him being sick of the media asking about his future with the team when he didn't know. I'm on the side that is glad he's gone because of the other examples of his antics, but I agree with you on that the presser wasn't a dare for the administration to fire him, just his frustrations with the media boiling over after a bad loss.

Thank goodness. Another rational person exists. :)

Oh, I agree 100% with your first point. It's not a big deal if coach cusses either. Or has a meanie face, which is what offended so many NU fans.

Some NU fans care so much more about looking good than winning. It's why so many wanted TO to abandon the "boring, outdated offense" that eventually won a bundle of NCs.

One thing I disagree with in your post is that he was being sarcastic. I think he was genuinely pissed off.

I respect your opinion, because I think it's one that fairly evaluates the facts, even if you come down on a different side than me.

Oh I think he was genuinely pissed off as well. I think he was just so mad that instead of lashing out or cussing out the reporter he reverted to sarcasm. I know I do that sometimes to keep myself out of trouble :) I didn't clarify that we'll enough in my previous post. Doesn't matter, we're on the same page.