Temp check: 7-5

You guys know not all success stories happen overnight right? Like sometimes it takes a little wait?

Care to give some examples? As in coaches that got noticeably worse their first year then recovered to have good "success."

Nick Sabans first Alabama team wasn't that good.
  • Fire 1

You guys know not all success stories happen overnight right? Like sometimes it takes a little wait?

Care to give some examples? As in coaches that got noticeably worse their first year then recovered to have good "success."

Nick Sabans first Alabama team wasn't that good.

It was an improvement on the season before though.

• Fire 1

But he wasn't a coach that won 1 CCG out of every 4. He was a coach that in 7 years came up short 3 times in CCG's and dared his superiors to fire him.

It wasn't wins and losses.

You were playing the hypo game when you said he would have been fired even if he won a CCG in '09.

As to the "daring his superiors to fire him" claim, that's a gross mischaracterization, bordering on an outright lie.

But he wasn't a coach that won 1 CCG out of every 4. He was a coach that in 7 years came up short 3 times in CCG's and dared his superiors to fire him.

It wasn't wins and losses.

As to the "daring his superiors to fire him" claim, that's a gross mischaracterization, bordering on an outright lie.
He stood at a podium after the 2013 Iowa game and said:

"If they wanna fire me they can go ahead and fire me"

I'm not getting into a pissing match about this dude. Just please understand, it wasn't solely wins and losses.

I think you know what he was referring to. The BP post game press conference after Iowa "if they want to fire me, fire me". Pretty much a public dare.

What he actually said, in context and in reply to a question, was much different than a "dare." I invite you to watch the PC again.

A dare is "you don't have the balls to fire me."

Which is the opposite of what he was saying.

1. If each had won at least one more CCG, neither would have been fired, so obviously any "off field issues" weren't really the cause - and certainly weren't on their own justification for the disruptions.

2. If each had zero off field issues (and other than Bo's meanie face, neither did have any verified off field issues), they still would have been fired for "not winning the games that mattered" as both offending ADs stated.

Actually, every outcome is usually a culmination of little events/decisions. Rarely can any outcome be attributed to any single thing.

Some times I just have to shake my head about the things you try to cram together in such an illogical manner, man.

How am I being Illogical when I said Bo dared his superiors to fire him. I invite you to rewatch the Iowa 2013 post game presser. That was not the way a man in his position is expected to behave. Those incidents, stacked ontop of another, are what led to his dissmissal.

Simply stated, his comment after Iowa, and his presser overall, was not bad in the least.

What was bad was leaving that staff in the dark as rumors swirled and media/fans speculated publicly.

Apparently Eichorst learned from his mistake, as he made multiple public statements of support for Riley during his first season, in contrast to his supposed long standing policy to not do so.

I think you know what he was referring to. The BP post game press conference after Iowa "if they want to fire me, fire me". Pretty much a public dare.

What he actually said, in context and in reply to a question, was much different than a "dare." I invite you to watch the PC again.

A dare is "you don't have the balls to fire me."

Which is the opposite of what he was saying.

No thank you. Saw enough of that game and his PC.

PeliniSwipesAtOfficialHat.gif

Ref dropped an f-bomb or two in that clip.

admo, if you're not interested in honestly evaluating the situation, that's unfortunate.

at this level, it's not a big deal if a ref cusses.

Anyways I do agree with you about the presser. Was it maybe unnecessary/unprofessional by Bo to say what he said? Yeah, he should've handled it differently. But the remark in itself was just him being sarcastic as a result of him being sick of the media asking about his future with the team when he didn't know. I'm on the side that is glad he's gone because of the other examples of his antics, but I agree with you on that the presser wasn't a dare for the administration to fire him, just his frustrations with the media boiling over after a bad loss.

Oh, I agree 100% with your first point. It's not a big deal if coach cusses either. Or has a meanie face, which is what offended so many NU fans.

Some NU fans care so much more about looking good than winning. It's why so many wanted TO to abandon the "boring, outdated offense" that eventually won a bundle of NCs.

One thing I disagree with in your post is that he was being sarcastic. I think he was genuinely pissed off.

I respect your opinion, because I think it's one that fairly evaluates the facts, even if you come down on a different side than me.