O.J.: Made in America

The dude was guilty as hell. There is no one else who could have done it. The jury wasn't going to convict him to get back at the LAPD and right all the previous wrongs against African-Americans.

Yep, agreed. And DNA tests (two independent labs) was apparently worthless. Reserved at hell gate spot for OJ, jurors and dream team.

And I can't stand Johnnie Cochran and Barry Scheck.

I thought it was a pretty good doc, even if it was super long. It was interesting how they set the back story of OJ's younger life and football career, and how he basically turned his back on the African-American community in LA. Then as soon as he got in trouble, his lawyers played the race card and the community embraced him, even though he wanted nothing to do with them for so long.

I didn't really follow OJ personal behaviors until watching ESPN mini-series.

OJ was a violent wife-beater numerous times. And my first thoughts, the first date event (Simpson&Nicole), BTW, she was only 18 years old, fresh out of high school, OJ was attempted to use rape date crime. Why oh why she didn't leave OJ immediately and no second chance.

Ron Goldman ..... my guess, wrong time, wrong place. I think no romantic relationship at all, just a friend (could be wrong).

I remember watching the OJ Bronco chase at home the summer after my senior year of high school. The verdict came out when I was a sophomore at UNL. I couldn't believe he wasn't convicted. The prosecution wasn't great, but the as I commented before the jury wasn't going to convict OJ.

I was too young to remember OJ as a football player. I just remember him as the Hertz guy and Nordberg in The Naked Gun movies. I guess one of the last football games he broadcasted was the 1994 Orange Bowl when NU lost to Florida State. He might have done a playoff game for NBC a week or two later, but then the murders was a few months later.

It was a interesting doc. The producers of it basically took the slant that he is guilty. Which I have always thought he was. They did a good job of showing the tensions that have existed in LA between the police and the black community that helped explain the aquittal.

The evidence was overwelming that he did it, yet the combination of the bungling of the DA's office with the trial, jury selection, the defense making it about race, Mark Furman, the glove, the media circus created by allowing cameras in the courtroom, and anything else that could go wrong did go wrong.

OJ Simpson is a classic sociopath. The only person I can compare him to is Ted Bundy in that respect. The part that always sticks out in my mind is that he truely thought he was just going to pick up his life and go forward after the trial was over. He thought all of his rich and mostly white Brentwood friends were going to welcome him back into their circle and he would make another Naked Gun movie and work the sideline at MNF. That is the way someone with no sense of reality thinks. Like I said a classic sociopath.