Fall Camp Position Battles - Running Back

I love a good story like Tre Bryant. We know there are a lot of times where highly touted players come in, don't mesh well, or just don't head in the right direction for a few years. Then there are the guys where from really early on, you just kinda know. The buzz is palpable.

We had a really, really nice run with these sorts of RBs not too long ago, and they weren't the most elite recruits, either. Helu, Burkhead, Abdullah. Equally or more heralded guys at the spot faded.

And now it seems we have Tre Bryant (our 2nd RB commit last year, after the first decommitted) and Devine Ozigbo (superseded in hype by Jordan Stevenson, but not to be outdone at *all*) in back-to-back classes. How lucky is Nebraska? Can't wait to see him on the field this year.

Latest word: Nebraska lost some size and thump with the departures of fullback Andy Janovich and I-back Imani Cross, but Terrell Newby was the leading rusher in 2015 (765 yards) and there is talk of a greater commitment to the run game in Mike Riley’s second season. Newby, Devine Ozigbo and Mikale Wilbon offer different looks and talents at I-back, and Ozigbo finished last season strong with 20 carries for 80 yards in the Foster Farms Bowl. A dropoff might be inevitable at fullback, but Luke McNitt, Graham Nabity and Harrison Jordan are looking to replace Janovich.

OWH