This Election & the 5 stages of Grief

I heard a guy on the radio talking about how many voters are actually going through the 5 stages of grief when it comes to this election process:

1. Denial - :facepalm: No way Trump will get nominated. Or know way Hillary wt all of her baggage will get nominated. There are too many qualified candidates for us to end up wt either of these 2

2. Anger - :grr What's going on? This is all we got to choose from - an egomaniac and a criminal. I'm mad as hell that these parties can't come up wt better candidates

3. Bargain - :wasted Just take this away. Thus the Never Trump, Any body but Hillary. Prayers for indictments of Hillary and Trump deciding to drop out.

4. Depression - :bang - We got these choices and there is nothing we can do with it. All hopes are dashed that we can elect a suitable president.

5. Acceptance - :snacks: - Ok it is what it is. The USA has survived pass presidents and a Civil war - we'll survive this also.

I'm probably at the bargain stage still - hoping that somehow both are forced out. Where are you?

Now for me one way to escape these stages would be if Gary Johnson got into the 1st debate and ends up stealing the show and pulling enough votes to win this thing as unlikely as that may be. Or even just preventing Hillary and Trump from reaching 270 electoral votes - throwing it to the House. Then hope that the House finds some wisdom and knowing that neither Trump or Hillary are qualified, they choose Johnson - a previously repub governor . I know that would be a lot of :koolaid2: drinking to even imagine. Maybe I'm still at the denial stage after all!!

• Fire 2

I'm well into the Acceptance stage. I'm way past being pissed off at the world and have settled into actually finding the entire exercise interesting. Both suck so....hey...even if the unthinkable happens and Trump wins, we still have a President that sucks.

So, I have turned my attention to watching the people who support both sides. It's like going to the circus. Each sides avidly supports their clown and they twist, turn, flip, jump....what ever through hoops trying to justify their decisions in their minds and none of it actually works because supporting either of these two is illogical.

If you separate yourself far enough, it's actually comical....in a very sadistic way. You see, all of us (if honest) realize at least the next 4 years is really going to suck with either of these clowns. So, enjoy the show for now......at some point you know that tiger is going to come chomp down on your ball sack and it's going to hurt. It's just a matter of which tiger it is.

PS....like you, if Johnson gets into the debates, I'm back to being very interested in actually hearing what someone has to say.

I think I just cycle back and forth through all of them. I've pretty much accepted that we're screwed no matter what but also that the President really doesn't have to have a huge effect, especially if the house and/or senate remain uncooperative. But that still doesn't keep those first 4 stages from coming back on a regular basis. I mean look at them and look at these candidates. How can anyone believe this is what we have to choose from and then not simultaneously deny it, and get depressed and angry about it?

I think I just cycle back and forth through all of them. I've pretty much accepted that we're screwed no matter what but also that the President really doesn't have to have a huge effect, especially if the house and/or senate remain uncooperative. But that still doesn't keep those first 4 stages from coming back on a regular basis. I mean look at them and look at these candidates. How can anyone believe this is what we have to choose from and then not simultaneously deny it, and get depressed and angry about it?

Yes, I've accepted the fact that we will end up wt one of these clowns. Yet I cycle on the anger - let down on the parties and the process that ends wt this result. To the Bargain - maybe the hope 2 more shoes drop and Johnson ends up pulling up an against all odds upset (maybe that is living in denial as we all know that won't happen). Like BRB said, if Johnson gets into the debate I'll actually listen for 'content' instead of for zingers and bs.