What did we learn-Wyoming edition

JJ Husker

P.s. FYI, NU has a higher ranked QB out of high school starting than MSU.

....so?

So, the contention at one point was that MSU has been recruiting better at QB under Dantonio than Nebraska has.

90%+ of the teams in the B10 and SEC would probably start him if Armstrong was on their roster.

That's how good this kid is. And it's on this staff to utilize him properly.

There are 28 teams combined in those conferences (including Nebraska). Name the 25 (90%) teams he would start for (based on current starter and offense).

There's a difference between change tactics and changing strategic principles.

NU's strategic principles did not change, especially offensively.

That is correct. But here's the deal.

Youve completely missed the whole point of this argument. It has been filled with such bs from folks like you, that the original debate has been sh#t on.

The original point was that Osborne overcame vast criticism that the game had passed him by. That his perceived conservative run-based attach with option was out dated and could no longer be successful. There's this thought that since he just made it work, we should be doing it today. Theres this ideal that it's the only way Nebraska can succeed in any era of football. And that's bullsh#t. My point (as proven) is that Osborne offensive principles were probably that only thing that DIDNT change to create that level of success. And with all the changes made to create that run, he probably coulda ran any system he wanted and still had success to that degree. Thta's my whole point. Offensive playcalling isnt the exlusive end all be all to a programs success. But ppl sure act like it is. That's becuase theyre too lazy to investigate things that really make a team hum.

You say their strategic principles did not change, "except on offense". LOL. Well they sure changed on defense. And on special team? Special teams stopped being this tunnel used to get walkons playing ttime. all a sudden, the studs were playing on special teams. Like Mike Riley said after he was hired, and did the round table during the NC game and was asked "you play your starters on special teams?" Riley says "if you wanna win you do".

Anyway. Point is, that's 66% of the strategic principles that changed as well. so.......

Lastly. Thanks for proving me that reading comprehension still lacks around here and that apparently there's a difference between tactics and strategy.

You're incredibly arrogant, especially in light of how you continue to create strawman and misstate other people's arguments.

Anyway, Bill Walsh calling the '92 bowl game said the game, at least offensively, had passed Osborne.

Did Osborne revamp everything as you claim in '92?

Short answer: No. And he didn't change his principles on D and ST - where NU always recruited speed (they did change a tactic in alignment though). ST wise, you're factually incorrect that TO didn't play first and second stringers in the punting and kicking game. Blows my mind for you to claim you only state facts and then come out with something like that false claim.

And its crazy to think TO and his assistants had more urgency in '93 than they did in '89.

....so?

So, the contention at one point was that MSU has been recruiting better at QB under Dantonio than Nebraska has.

90%+ of the teams in the B10 and SEC would probably start him if Armstrong was on their roster.

There are 28 teams combined in those conferences (including Nebraska). Name the 25 (90%) teams he would start for (based on current starter and offense).

Every team in the B10, except probably OSU and maybe Iowa.

All SEC teams, except maybe Alabama and Florida because of what they are offensively - though he'd likely get a serious look at both schools, since each has QB issues.

People constistantly devalue Armstrong, but don't seem to realize that he's as good or better than the majority of his P5 peers.

Hey Count I've watched the video. And read some of the books. I was referring to strength and conditioning. I agree that they mentioned urgency in the video. I see the point you're trying to make. And I like Riley. I think he's a good man. I'm just skeptical about him bringing us back.

Hey Count I've watched the video. And read some of the books. I was referring to strength and conditioning. I agree that they mentioned urgency in the video. I see the point you're trying to make. And I like Riley. I think he's a good man. I'm just skeptical about him bringing us back.

As am I. It's fair. And can be done without pooping on any positive outlook folks wanna have. Being positive, skeptical, and simply and negative piece of sh#t can all be exclusive of each other.

But my deal is with the "lets just go back to the days of x, y, and z, cuz it worked then" philosophy. When theres actually more to x, y, and z than what folks want to admit.

• Fire 1

What exactly is urgency Count? The they give them half the time to lift? Pretty vague.

Man........

really?

Its probably wrong, but comments like these make me think youve never competed in a sport, never tried to better yourself in any way. Never had to push a little harder for something.

What's urgency? What's changing the whole manner of which you go about something, even if the actual something is the same?

you really dont understand what "doing something with a higher sense of urgency" is?

We're dun here.

....so?

Every team in the B10, except probably OSU and maybe Iowa.

All SEC teams, except maybe Alabama and Florida because of what they are offensively - though he'd likely get a serious look at both schools, since each has QB issues.

People constistantly devalue Armstrong, but don't seem to realize that he's as good or better than the majority of his P5 peers.

This is all hypothetical and just my opinion.

Based off current starter: OSU, Iowa, Tennesse, Ole Miss (Maybe Minnesota & A&M)

Based off offense: Georgia, MSU, Mich, Bama, FLA (Maybe Arkansas & WISC)

I would take Tommy over Trevor Knight and Mitch Leidner running the offenses they run but that doesn’t mean Minnesota & Texas A&M would.

It also doesn’t mean I would trade Tommy for any of the QB’s on the other teams. He’s our guy and I back him 100%.