Husker Offense #1 on Third Down

Mavric

Nice! I'll bet we're ranked pretty high in 4th down conversions as well. :thumbs:

We have been magnificent on fourth down! Man is HCMR gutsy! I guarantee we are pretty high on the list for attempts as well especially if you don't count teams that have to go for it because they are down 2 scores with 3 minutes left

We are #64 in the country in 4th down attempts and #39 in conversion percentage.

Is there a minimum no. of attempts? Without knowing the answer, I'd guess there are a lot of teams that have gone for it only once or twice, and are at 100%.

I DON'T KNOW IF THERE IS A MINIMUM OR NOT

attachicon.gif4th down.jpg

SOURCE: http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/700

Heh, well so much for that theory. :dunno:

I didn't know teams went for 4th down so much. I thought we'd gone for it a lot this season so far. Turns out there are a lot of teams that go for it even more than we do.

==========================

Alternate theory: It might be that some of those teams are passing teams, and try to draw the D-line off with a hard count. If that doesn't work they take the penalty and kick it. Just a thought.

Alternate theory: It might be that some of those teams are passing teams, and try to draw the D-line off with a hard count. If that doesn't work they take the penalty and kick it. Just a thought.

That wouldn't count in the stats because it's not an actual play until they punt it.

So they'd either get a first down from the penalty or not go for it and punt (from 5 yards back).

But I guess what you're saying is that the penalty 1st down would not count for them in the stats above. Yeah, it wouldn't make sense to count those.